Author Topic: Single DIN 'stock'  (Read 447 times)

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
Single DIN 'stock'
« on: February 05, 2023, 04:19:22 AM »
I haven't really looked, thought I'd post it here first for the sake of conversation. There's several alternatives now for modern radios that fit the stock opening, but what about those that were cut early on to single DIN size or that offer a cd perhaps? Anything that is somewhat classic in looks, or doesn't look so out of place?

76455sd

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Single DIN 'stock'
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 09:40:09 AM »
Not really sure what your question is.  There is always the option of using a single DIN radio, although selection of new units seems to be decreasing as the industry leans heavily on double DIN radios.  If fact finding a CD radio is getting difficult.  That being said there are retro units that will fit the stock location too.  Another option is to find a vintage radio made for the stock configuration.
Steve D
'76 LE 455/4speed/solid roof - SOLD
'02 WS6 T/A convertible

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 11:11:23 AM »
I won’t post them all but I’ve found a few similar to this if that’s what you mean

FYPLAY Classic Bluetooth Car Stereo , FM Radio Receiver, Hands-Free Calling, Built-in Microphone, USB/SD/AUX Port, Support MP3/WMA/WAV, Dual Knob Audio Car Multimedia Player, Remote Control https://a.co/d/4JD6Uzy
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 02:45:02 PM »
Doesn't matter. Was thinking more of cut dashes where original setup and all the offerings to suit are completely useless. That's the idea, Brian. Thanks

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 02:45:02 PM »
You can help support TAC!