TAC Tech > Interior

Passenger A/C duct

<< < (2/5) > >>

b_hill_86:
Came home from work this evening and compared the new piece to my original. I have a second original piece I didn’t take the time to dig out but I don’t think it’s necessary. As far as I can tell this is a very good reproduction. The plastic is slightly stiffer which I imagine is a good thing. The opening to the heater box is just a tiny bit smaller as in 1/16-1/8 depending where but I don’t see that as a hindrance in any way. Here’s a few pics.

b_hill_86:
For what it’s worth to whenever it’s worth, I’m pleased with this new duct. I don’t have any handy pics although I’ll take some it fits pretty well. The only weird area is under the glovebox where the two bolts attach and where the hole for the glovebox vent is. Otherwise, I’m happy with it.

roadking77:
Where did you get that from?  I just pulled my heater box to replace the heater core. That exact piece of duct that I have is broke in the same spot as the one you have shown. Prev Owner put black duct tape over the hole. I know I would have found it sooner than later but the core going bad was actually a blessing in disguise. Now I need to get that piece of duct.

b_hill_86:
I ordered mine from Firebird central but I believe they’re available in multiple places

5th T/A:
Good to know that a decent repo part is available.

Mine was damaged I believe when someone did a heater core replacement. The same area mentioned where the star washers hold it to the bottom of the dash. They were probably over tightened, and the brittle plastic cracked and collapsed. I purchased an automotive fiberglass repair kit for under ten bucks. I had to spray some flat black paint to cover the clear resin after it hardened. It was a cheap easy fix. I too had to replace the foam gasket between this duct and the heater box because it was disintegrated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version