TAC Central > Hobbies

Motorcycle Monday

<< < (2/9) > >>

5th T/A:
Beautiful Kerry, looks like it should be in a museum. I used to subscribe to a magazine called Motorcycle Classics, but the price got out of hand. Bikes like your CZ 250 would be on the cover with high quality pictures and always an interesting story. Do you take it to shows? If so, I bet you get a lot of attention having something so uncommon.

Also great to hear you actually ride it!

roadking77:
Thanks Guys. Yes I have seen a few Bridgestones Mike. Cool that you had one, sad for its fate. I used to get Motorcycle Classics too Larry. I have not had my bikes on the show circuit for quite a few years now. I had a lot of fun doing so though. At one time between my brother and myself (joint collection) we had over 2 dozen bikes. Mostly English and all European. I still have a few (hint, more pics to come!) and he has about 6 or 7 with him in Canada. His oldest is a 1913 Rudge and he races a 1935 Rudge in the VRMA.
At the risk of sounding too arrogant, I won so many trophies with the bikes that we stopped entering them, and put them as display only. We had some really nice bikes at one time. This little CZ really is not a 'show worthy' bike believe it or not. It has an older restoration and sticker pinstripes, but its still cool. It has been displayed in the AACA museum in Hershey and I had an open invitation to put bikes on display at the Gilmore in Mich. but that was too far to drive, and at the time I wasnt impressed with the way they were displaying bikes. I was going to put them on loan at the Classic Car Museum in St. Michaels MD, but never got around to it. I would love to do something with them as they have been collecting dust in my garage for the last 5 or 6 years.

roadking77:
2022-07-25_08-30-19 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr
2022-07-25_08-30-08 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr
2022-07-25_08-30-00 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr
2022-07-25_08-29-53 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr

1939 BSA Gold Star. The Gold Star was the premier motorcycle from BSA. They were hand built machines with special high compression motors. The first was a 1938 model, this is the second year edition which was improved on a bit. Built in very limited numbers, production stopped for the duration of the war. Some accounts I have seen say there are 2 in the US (which surprised me as one is in my garage :shock:) and maybe a dozen in Europe. I dont know how many are left but I would surmise not many. The Gold Stars were built in a number of configurations, this particular bike was built as a scrambler/race bike. Even more rare is the fact that its completely numbers matching and all of the original parts are together. Figuring most bikes that were raced were thrashed about, motors blown up replaced etc. We think this bike may have been a leftover that was stored and never sold new.

I am showing this one in the Radnor Hunt Concours this Sept. It is in pretty decent shape, just a little sorting to get it right. It has been shown at Radnor before, at Keeneland Concours in KY, had an invite a couple of years ago for Amelia concours and most recently Greenwich concours. It has been on display at the AACA museum in Hershey as well as the Simeone in Philly.

Hope you enjoy looking.

kentucky yeti:
That is very impressive!  Original parts after all these years and wars.

5th T/A:
Amazing, I am seriously blown away by this BSA.

I can only imagine the challenges in finding any kind of parts. Even the basics like gaskets or brake shoes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version