Motorcycle Monday

(1/9) > >>

roadking77:
2022-07-10_02-49-30 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr
2022-07-10_02-49-59 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr
2022-07-10_02-49-37 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr
2022-07-10_02-49-23 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr
2022-07-10_02-49-15 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr

I posted this on another website, figured there were some guys here that like motorcycles (or maybe just old junk!) so I figured Id give it a go.

This is my 1938 CZ 250 sport. Built in Czechoslovakia. Most people think of CZ as a reputable dirt bike from the 60's. However they started production in the early 30's. The factory was owned by the Skoda Arms Works, and in 1938 they stopped motorcycle production to concentrate soley on arms manufacture. After the war they were merged with a competitor Jawa. Thereafter being called CZ/Jawa.

My bike was restored many years ago, and is correct. It has a pressed steel frame, which was cheap and easy to build. Girder spring front suspension and 'hard tail' springs under the seat rear suspension. It does run very good. I have yet to see another one of these in this country and doubt very much that there is another. I have seen 2 Jawa's of the same vintage (which are almost identical). There probably are not many in Europe as well. Unfortunately for me this is a case that rarity does not equal value though,  :(, LOL.

Hope you guys enjoy looking.

Steve B:
That's pretty cool!

kentucky yeti:
I think I'm in love!  I have (the remains of) my old 1966 Bridgestone- yes, the tire builders had a corner of their factory sectioned off and built motorcycles at one time.  It was intact until my brother-in-law took it out of the shop and ran over it with the tractor.  I kept the carcass but there is no repairing it.  Yours is a dream!

76455sd:
Wow,  that’s really something.  I’ll bet it turns a lot of heads when you ride it.  Thanks for sharing.

Jack:
Very nice Kerry, since when do we care about value? enjoyment is all of the value needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version