TAC Central > Hobbies

Diecast Endeavor

<< < (2/6) > >>

80TAPaceCar:

--- Quote from: Nexus on March 23, 2021, 04:48:45 AM ---I'd also be interested to hear some does and don'ts, tips and tricks as well if you'd be willing to share
--- End quote ---

These were the 1/18th scale, so pretty big models that had screws and not rivets to disassemble.  The body's I didn't sand, I powder blasted with a little handheld sand blaster at low pressure, it didn't take much to remove the black paint.  All the models were the same color at start.  I used a non-etching primer, was not wanting to sand them after I primed them and then painted.  I am a body and paint pro by trade when I started my career, but no longer in it.

The decals were the hardest, have messed around with graphics for about 20 years now, so that went pretty smooth.  I just used CorelDraw and Decal Maker.

However, these are smaller scale, not sure how they would turn out.  I would test one for you, but I don't have any inkjet printers any longer.  I may could dig one up at work, maybe.

These were done almost 15 years ago, so I'm surprised they still look good.

Hope this helps.

Later
Kev

Nexus:
No worries about the printer...seems like a lot of work

I have an inkjet, decal paper, and I am using Photo Shop...just a mater of figuring out how small to make it and orient it on the 8.5x11 sheet of decal paper

practice first

80TAPaceCar:

--- Quote from: Nexus on March 25, 2021, 06:45:45 PM ---No worries about the printer...seems like a lot of work

I have an inkjet, decal paper, and I am using Photo Shop...just a mater of figuring out how small to make it and orient it on the 8.5x11 sheet of decal paper

practice first

--- End quote ---

I know I have the JPG's on the NAS Server, if you want I will send you what I have to your email.

Later
Kev

Nexus:
oohh that would be awesome

cmarson@hotmail.ca

Thank you

Nexus:
Found my dremel tool and cleaned off the cobwebs

20210326_114808 by Charles Marson, on Flickr

I also stripped the paint off the the VW bus and Chevy pickup, and primed, and painted the first layer of white.

20210324_142932 by Charles Marson, on Flickr

20210326_071442 by Charles Marson, on Flickr

If you look close you can see where my arm touched the roof of the bus and I also didn't clean the diecast properly so the primer wasn't sticking well in some spots on the 52 and paint peeled off. So, I stripped everything and started over.

After that happened I couldn't leave the back windows closed off so out came the dremel and files and this happend

20210326_142028 by Charles Marson, on Flickr

20210326_142046 by Charles Marson, on Flickr

I was having thoughts of adding LED lights to the bus, which I haven't given up on but this time around I think I'll try to get some practice in first before making my life more complicated.

thanks for looking

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version