TAC Central > Hobbies

Diecast Endeavor

(1/6) > >>

Nexus:
So I recently I picked up this lot and The idea is to repaint 3 of them in the different ideas I have to try and decide what direction to go in with Ruby

2021-02-11_11-46-15 by Charles Marson, on Flickr

Then a few days ago I found this beauty

2021-03-21_07-00-31 by Charles Marson, on Flickr

I picked up 3, 1 for my sons collection, 1 for my collection and one to strip apart and repaint the way I decide in the previous exercise

I have currently striped two other cars, one being a 71 VW Bus and the other a 52 Chevy pickup. I will be practicing on these before I start on the birds.

I didn't take picks of this yet but I will

to assist me I found my kit, purchased an airbrush as I couldn't find the one I had and picked up my compressor from dads in storage

20210304_105747 by Charles Marson, on Flickr

20210304_105807 by Charles Marson, on Flickr

20210304_105926 by Charles Marson, on Flickr

80TAPaceCar:
Glad to see someone else doing things that I do...I figured I was the only one...... 8-)

Below is a link to mine.

http://www.transampacecar.com/Die-Cast.htm

Later
Kev

b_hill_86:
Charlie, can’t wait to see what you end up with.

Kev, those look awesome. I’ve wanted to try at least re-decaling a black model to look like my black 77 w/charcoal and red decals. Maybe someday I will

roadking77:
Good Deal!  I have at least 50 car models from the 70's, most the standard size (what ever that is) some of the larger scale ones, some are metal Hubleys.  I have carted them from house to house with my wife threatening to throw them away.  I keep saying that one of these days I am going to dig into them and start to do some 'restorations'. Gotta be cheaper and take up less room than a real car.
I have a real nice large scale 79 TATA model to complete also  :grin: :grin:

Nexus:
I'm Curious to see how that model of your turns out Kerry

Kev, if I can make mine look half as nice as those I'd be doing good. How did you get the hood birds scaled down to look good? EDIT: disregard. I just went back and started reading

I'd also be interested to hear some does and don'ts, tips and tricks as well if you'd be willing to share

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version