Author Topic: Front sway bar  (Read 216 times)

apfstg

• Active Forum Member
Front sway bar
« on: April 15, 2024, 11:31:38 AM »
Replacing the end links and bushings on front sway bar 1/14 inch
Been looking online I see 1 3/16 sets also , did they make that many different ones?
Kinda like the idea of being able to grease also
Are they all about the same or which is better?

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Front sway bar
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 11:45:34 AM »
You can only use whatever size your bar is. I have a 1-1/4 greasible on the front by Energy Suspension. I went to add the same to rear much later and they had updated the design. It depends on the type of poly insert or whatever the lining was. In this case it also has a Teflon or similar liner.

tinpusher

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 02:39:13 PM »
You can add a Zerk fitting by drilling  through the mounting hardware and bushing.

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 07:30:42 PM »
The bushes also came with cast channels for it to run or you'd end up with a blob on top and oozing out the sides and nowhere else. It's more for if squeaking is a constant issue, which is probably why they were also trying new variations with the fibre lining. That was a few years ago, maybe have something else now.

I just checked, my firebird has the grease fittings front and rear so it must be one of my others that had the inner lining instead - yes, found pics of Whiteline bushes on my other car with the fuzzy insides. Either way, just variations of the same theme to stops noise. Looks like the ES bushes are still plain or greasible, here's a random pic showing both bushes from other brands.

https://www.suspension.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/swaybarbushings.png

Be aware that not all bushes will fit your stock, or whatever you have now, mounts. So a safer bet would be one that comes with both. They are often slotted to fit universally, or use a round file on one end until snug.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 08:58:07 PM by Wallington »

apfstg

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 04:44:28 AM »
The energy suspension site had everything I need - thanks for the help…I’ll be back

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 04:44:28 AM »