TAC Tech > Interior

Inner access panels for rear TA wheels spoilers

(1/5) > >>

Wallington:
I didn't know there was such a thing. But apparently early years had an inner access cover behind the rear armrests panel that covered the opening for access to rear wheel spoiler/flare hardware. Anyone know what years used this panel and if only TA's for a second seal from the elements or all models? I see the opening for the panel still exists on my 78, but no screw holes to install.

b_hill_86:
Didn’t know that either. Been a while since ive had my inner panels off and of course mine is a 77 so that doesn’t help a lot but makes me wonder if I have the opening. I have a replacement set of inners I plan to install this year so I’ll be taking a look soon. Ish.

Wallington:
The opening is just part of the regular body pressing, I'll add a pic if I find a clear one. It's just that certain models, or TA specifically, had a plate screwed over this opening. I don't know if it was also sealed or what. No diagrams or references yet, hard to google the plates or a stripped car showing that area. No manuals show it yet, still have a few more to dig through Ike the 67-75 parts and smaller editions of.

Does the answer even matter, not terribly or at all, but now and then things pop up that you've never heard of or noticed that others are well aware of and never mentioned. Maybe I'll google Mexican contraband hiding places...

I just picked up a set, not arrived yet, as part of a collection of used pieces. I had to ask the guy, who in turn asked his wife, what they were! I just thought random GM whatevers thrown in, not hard to cut or make if ever needed to. Not that you'd ever need them....until you realise you are missing them, then they are the only thing you need, just because!

Wallington:
Any early TA owners, or anyone in general? Imagine it's a facebook post, it's your chance to all contribute something, the original question is irrelevant.

wheels78ta:
Pics from inside the pocket behind the door jamb vents.  Is this where the inner access cover should be?

No FB  here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version