TAC Tech > Electrical

Vari Speed Wiper Switch

(1/3) > >>

roadking77:
I have a vari speed wiper switch on my tenth car. My question has anyone rebuilt one of these? If so how successful was it? On mine the switch itself is very stiff and almost stuck. I dont want to force it for fear of breaking. I have loaded it up from the front with electrical contact cleaner but it has not loosened anything. Not sure if pb blaster will damage the insides? These are not reproduced, I found a couple of decent ones on ebay but it would be cheaper to buy a pound or two of gold!!

FormTA:
No, I haven't.  I need one too. Those things are ridiculously expensive and I hear there are a couple different designs too.

scarebird:
I have a couple.  I tired to rebuild a standard switch - they simply come apart and are not designed to be serviced.

roadking77:
Thats what I was afraid of. I pulled mine out of the dash but did not unhook it yet. Looked pretty much like a sealed unit.  I was hoping that someone had taken one apart and back together successfully. Guess I will start looking.

FormTA:
Take a picture of your wiring and compare to what you find. And let me know if you find someone hoarding some...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version