TAC Tech > Interior

Interior panel popped out - how do I fix this??

(1/2) > >>

najia786:
Hello,

This side panel has popped out in the interior of my firebird and I've tried putting it back in place but it keeps popping out. I'm thinking glue or something should work but I don't know if that's the best route and what type I would even buy to work on the car and not look bad. Thank you!

b_hill_86:
That should have a lip that wraps around the pinch weld on the body. Is that lip missing? If not, the panel is likely too far forward. Messing with that panel requires the rear seat to be removed and if I remember correctly the panel above it needs to be removed as well and possibly other adjacent trim. It all goes together in a particular order.

FormTA:
Exactly what Brian said. Looks like it's too far forward. Probably going to have to remove a few panels first.

roadking77:
I agree with the previous two posts, however if it is too far forward you may be able to fix without taking anything apart. Very carefully slide the top of the loose panel under the sail panel above, then you should be able to gently tap the entire panel towards the back of the car. It looks like it is a bit brittle (as these things get) so be easy on the tapping part.

Wallington:
Any moment now he'll reply and show thanks, unless he's a prick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version