TAC Tech > Exterior

Wheel flare protection

(1/6) > >>

b_hill_86:
Anyone done anything to protect the wheel flares? Mine get beat up from stone chips and I had the fronts repainted last year and the rears are getting resprayed now so I’d like to try to protect them better. I bought some 3m clear paint protection but application did not go well. I’m sure it was user error but I wondered if anyone else has tried anything.

FormTA:
I keep mine on a shelf in my shop....

Just kidding, we'll they are on a shelf because I am lazy and haven't painted them yet. 4 years now and I still haven't got them on.

How about the clear plasti dip spray that you van peel off?

b_hill_86:
Hmm. That’s an idea. I’ll have to look into that. I’m tempted to try the 3m stuff again in a different way but I’m also a little afraid to. I’d like to be able to remove it without damaging the paint if possible and I don’t know that I could do that with the 3m stuff.

I did think of you today. I got my car out and cleaned it up today and reinstalled the front flares after replacing the welting but I have no rear flares still which is what made me think of you lol.

stros:
Mine are also taking a beating after being relatively recently painted.  I was debating getting them professionally wrapped with gloss black material.  I briefly tried applying it myself but I definitely don’t have the talent for it.

Wallington:
Maybe a nice big set of Yosemite Sam "Back off" mudflaps....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version