TAC Central > Lobby

Happy Spring!

(1/2) > >>

roadking77:
Spring has finally sprung! Although its about 30 degrees colder this week than it was last week. The first car show of the year is about 3 weeks away and then the next few weeks in a row there is stuff going on. I always look forward to a couple of them but get burnt out quickly. Anyone else looking forward to getting their car out of hibernation?

b_hill_86:
I usually have mine out by or around this time as long as the NW Ohio roads are salt free. I’ve had a few things prevent that though. First, I took my lower dash apart to remove my radio for service and in the process cleaned up some wiring I’ve added over the years for various reasons that started to bug me.got that all back together last weekend. I currently have 3 of my wheel flares off. The rears are being repainted to deal with all of the stone chips they’re subject to. My fronts were repainted last year but I removed one (with the other to follow soon) for two reasons. I had cheap welting on them I removed and am replacing with the body color welting that is available. Looks like nice stuff.

I also ordered some clear 3M vinyl film I’m going to try to install on the flares to protect from stone chips. We’ll see how that goes.

I’m hoping to maybe take mine for a drive this weekend possibly. We have a small(ish) cruise-in about 10 minutes from my house that’s every Friday night beginning I maybe 6 weeks or so. I think I only made it last year 3 times so I don’t get a chance to get burnt out lo this year my work schedule changed to give me every other Friday off so I’m hoping to go more.

There’ also a car cruise about 40 min south of me I’ve been meaning to go to I hope to hit this year.

roadking77:
I have had my car out a few times over the winter. But it has been sitting under cover for too long now though. I did nothing maintenance wise, or have even cleaned it up. I have spent what little free time I have had trying to get the TATA running. We have a cars n coffee a half hr away that makes for a decent drive at 7am on Sunday mornings. They say they go year round but right after Thanksgiving last year most of the guys said that was it for the winter. The last few weekends have been nice and we had been planning on heading over, although now they are calling for rain this weekend. If Im the only one that shows up, no biggie as there is a starbucks and a Mickey d's for an egg mcmuffin :smile: in the same parking lot.

FormTA:
I've had mine out 3-4 times, one just tye other day. Like you I haven't done anything to it, it's a dirty mess and I can barely see through the windshield with all the bug guts... inwas getting gas last Friday night and a I got quite a fre younger folks completing the car. Most of the time kids don't even take a second look at it. One was younger girl which I always find cool. That a young person noticed it and 2 a girl as well. Most don't really care about cars. It might have been that my 15 year old son was with me....I really need to get the flares painted and put on as well. I have them almost ready but I have such a mess from working on the old Ford.... maybe someday this summer I may get to it....

70_71_78:
Yay! spring, not here, low 30's, snowing. I am not done hibernating yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version