TAC Tech > Number Crunching

'Keep your GM car' decals

(1/3) > >>

Wallington:

b_hill_86:
I didn’t know there were so many variations.

nas t eh:

--- Quote from: Wallington on September 24, 2023, 07:43:16 PM ---Random question, has anyone found that their specific 'Keep your GM car' air cleaner decal is not reproduced? Or is not correct in the details? I'm not talking about the majority of sellers who simply have one listed and suits all models, because they haven't checked the application. I'm looking into getting a few done for my car, and seeing what others may be possible with limited artwork changes, mainly part numbers, codes and perhaps the Car/Vehicle wording depending on year. Just ideas, but if you are aware of one that isn't made, yell out.

--- End quote ---

I’ve been a little tempted to paint my aluminum drop base black and put the decal on it .... as kind of a joke because not much in my engine bay is original or stock. I don’t really know if the correct decal is made for my 73 bird as I haven’t looked. But I think I will check now.

roadking77:
I dont know the number off hand, but I have the 79 service which says which air cleaner to use a/c delco # such n such. I looked at what Ames had and what they said was for '79 had a different part number. I called and asked if that was a misprint and if they had the correct decal, I was told what they have is correct? I did not get it, but if I cannot find the correct one I may end up using it anyway.

Same deal, they have a sheet with part no.s listed for 79 trans am. It has all of the decals for springs, heads, etc, etc. Looking at the codes on the build sheet I dont think one part no. on the sticker sheet coincides with the build sheet. Again, I may end up using some of them anyway.

To get one off stickers made is stupid expensive. I had a correct sticker made for my wiper motor and it was something like $20 when all was said and done. I have a buddy that had the right stickers for his leaf springs, again much more than I wanted to spend.

When I get a chance I will look at what part no. I need for the air cleaner.

roadking77:
Yes, my motor is a Pontiac 400, 1979 4 speed.
For some reason I thought the no. was A279C.  I would have to check but thinking back that number may have come out of my 1977 service manual??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version