Author Topic: 400 w72 engine hardware  (Read 205 times)

4004spd

• Forum Member
400 w72 engine hardware
« on: February 17, 2023, 06:58:29 PM »
Hello out there,    I've returned since I don't know when was the last time.....anyway....didn't have a TA for  years but now I do.....its a 400 manual car with now zero rust .   Its been an Oregon car since new and it shows.    I've had it just a year and had the engine gone through, trans is done, carb is done so I'm putting parts back on the engine and want the correct hardware.   I see Classic has some, but I'd like a fairly complete kit.   Does it exist or do I have to order them all seperatley?   I have some orig hardware, but the original engine was half apart when i got the car.  I feel the car deserves some good stuff so I'm trying my best to do it justice. 
I can't wait to drive this car, from what I gather, its only about a 100k mile car.   It had some crazy 90s stuff done to it like flares and traction bars, purpleish paint and a handpainted bird....ugh.   But a solid numbers matching car, hard top and hardly any options....just the way i like it.   so, any help out there would be appreciated .   

My goal is to make it to Ohio for Nationals in the next couple of years......thanks.   Mark, Portland, OR
Looking to get back into a TA.....annnnnd, I did.  79 hardtop 4spd numbers car, solid.

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: 400 w72 engine hardware
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 07:19:43 PM »
You need to shop around, you need to also know what you are looking for. Many ads claiming a part is accurate or even suits both Firebird and Camaro models is just sales talk from people who work in a shop to maximise sales. They aren't car fans, wouldn't know what the part was other than reading the information that came with it. Much finer detail parts are still available used only. It depends what you are actually after. I'd expect a full kit would have most wrong rather than partially wrong in a smaller kit. Like those complete rubber bumper kits that feature both Camaro and Firebird parts, but you pay for the lot and the seller couldn't tell you which was which.

Re: 400 w72 engine hardware
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 07:19:43 PM »
You can help support TAC!

You can help support TAC!