Author Topic: Lower dash vents  (Read 410 times)

sreta

• Active Forum Member
Lower dash vents
« on: February 16, 2023, 03:41:14 PM »
I'm trying to install the roller vents for hours, this trivial thing is making me crazy. I removed them eight years ago, so I'm not sure that I'm doing this the right way. I watched the f body ware house video, but it wasn't helpful to me. Doors and vents are original. I lost the bag with the original retaining clips, so I bought new clips. Maybe someone can tell me is this the proper arrangement - roller vent - little cushion - retaining clip ? The problem is that if I put the roller, without the cushion, the retainer goes all the way down and touches the roller. With cushion, the clip won't stay in place. Maybe the new clips are another crappy  OER part, maybe I'm not doing it right. I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance !

TA301

• Active Forum Member
Re: Lower dash vents
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 10:21:22 AM »
Are they not supposed to be engaged from one end and then sit the other end using a thin flat blade screwdriver while pushing it towards the opposite end? Almost all such vents were installed and removed in that fashion. I have to replace the one below the glove box on my TA, soon.

Re: Lower dash vents
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 10:21:22 AM »
You can help support TAC!

You can help support TAC!