Author Topic: Seat cover replacement  (Read 422 times)

apfstg

• Active Forum Member
Seat cover replacement
« on: January 05, 2023, 02:32:30 PM »
I have a 1979 trans am that is my project
The original interior was tan but sprayed black at some point-the buckets and rear seat bottoms are original but the back tops were replaced with black and gold velour I guess you would call it - the front is tan but same material the uppers in back are very good condition and would like to match this
Is it possible and where do I look?

Fyrdude

• Active Forum Member
Re: Seat cover replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 04:32:22 PM »
I just ordered covers from Legendary Auto Interiors for my ‘78 T/A. They had the Lombardy cloth in stock (light blue). The down side is that they have a long delivery time (245 days estimated). I tried order through PUI and never did get any confirmation they could do it. The company I ordered through said they could not get the material in to do the work.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 09:25:17 PM by Fyrdude »
Mike

1978 Trans Am

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 08:20:39 PM »
It depends what the backs are that you are trying to match, and if anyone reproduces it or is custom. Are you wanting to match because you like them colour and pattern or because it's already good condition?

apfstg

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 08:45:57 AM »
My pics are too big and I’ve seen others showing off resized pics but not that savvy - need details!

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 01:33:12 PM »
I've never used the embedded photos option, they'd need to be within a certain size though. Otherwise, photo hosting sites are used such as Flickr or Imgr.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 01:33:12 PM »