Author Topic: Best hardtop roofrail (window) seals  (Read 3029 times)

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Best hardtop roofrail (window) seals
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2023, 10:48:29 PM »
Luke, I don’t blame you with the tops. I wish I’d at least paid closer attention to the old seals even though they were old and cracked. The windows went up and down with ease. I even kept them in a box for years before throwing them away finally. Then I discovered there were more options than the set I purchased as replacements. Maybe yours are like this but I remember my “original” seals having an indentation roughly in the center of the sealing surface where the window rested when fully closed. What I don’t remember or seem to have any good pictures of us how the a-pillar area was shaped and how soft it was.

Ben, I made adjustments with and without the blocks. If I recall I adjusted the passenger without first, then with then again without. The drivers side I adjusted with the blocks first then tweaked without. I haven’t made any adjustments with the new seals yet. After all of this and other apparent success stories with both the Steele Ribber and Parts Place seals I’m wondering if I can still manage some adjustments to get a good closing fit finally. That may have to wait until Sunday evening at least. I don’t foresee having any time between now and then to fiddle with them.
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed

Re: Best hardtop roofrail (window) seals
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2023, 10:48:29 PM »
You can help support TAC!

You can help support TAC!