TAC Tech > Racing

Has anyone done anything besides SFC to stiffen the rear of the car?

(1/2) > >>

Updated71:
Besides a cage and SFCs has anyone done anything to add a bit more rigidity to the rear half of the car? Possibly across the torque boxes, rear seat divider, etc.?

skisix38off:
Hmmm....  Where are you going with this?  What are you wanting to do that making the rear more rigid would make a difference?

Updated71:

--- Quote from: skisix38off on May 31, 2022, 11:58:42 AM ---Hmmm....  Where are you going with this?  What are you wanting to do that making the rear more rigid would make a difference?

--- End quote ---

I am hearing what I believe is body flex back there in the form of a creak. Nothing seems to be off or out of place. I was talking to a guy at a cruise night a couple of years back that had the same issue on a fresh restomod with very little drive time. He hadn't diagnosed it as of that time.

skisix38off:

--- Quote from: Updated71 on May 31, 2022, 12:37:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: skisix38off on May 31, 2022, 11:58:42 AM ---Hmmm....  Where are you going with this?  What are you wanting to do that making the rear more rigid would make a difference?

--- End quote ---

I am hearing what I believe is body flex back there in the form of a creak. Nothing seems to be off or out of place. I was talking to a guy at a cruise night a couple of years back that had the same issue on a fresh restomod with very little drive time. He hadn't diagnosed it as of that time.

--- End quote ---

Not trying to change your mind, just curious.  Could the creak be from suspension movements?  Those frame rails, while boxed, are pretty thin.  Perhaps you could install a cradle to attach the two sides together and perhaps that stiffens the rear.

Updated71:

--- Quote from: skisix38off on June 02, 2022, 10:01:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: Updated71 on May 31, 2022, 12:37:37 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Not trying to change your mind, just curious.  Could the creak be from suspension movements?  Those frame rails, while boxed, are pretty thin.  Perhaps you could install a cradle to attach the two sides together and perhaps that stiffens the rear.

--- End quote ---

That's exactly what I was thinking. I pulled the seat and was trying to think of something that would work from one side to the other and still allow the seat. There is no room at all underneath with the exhaust.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version