Author Topic: Pulse Wiper Trouble Shooting (1979 Trans Am)  (Read 252 times)

Jeremy

• Active Forum Member
Pulse Wiper Trouble Shooting (1979 Trans Am)
« on: April 07, 2022, 07:24:00 PM »
I pulled my motor about 18 months ago to fix a flat cam lobe and the pulse wipers worked when I quit driving the car although sometimes they would seem to get stuck in delay mode and I'd have to slide the switch one way or the other to get them back working.

While the motor was out I pulled the dash to go through the HVAC.  Two weeks ago I was putting the dash back in and one of the wiper plugs grounded out briefly under the dash.  Now my wipers don't work on any setting.  I have power to the orange wire of the 3 prong set (which I believe is the one that ground out) and all of the fuses are showing power on both sides of the fuse.  My fuse panel is so faded that I can't see which one should be the wiper to verify.

Everything is plugged in and the ground wire to the larger plug of the two is hooked up.

Can anyone walk me through trouble shooting so I can see if the problem is in the switch or motor?  I'm sure there is a way to test the motor by unhooking the plugs and running a jumper from the battery?

I'll be pulling the gauge panel at some point to replace the center HVAC vents that just came in, so getting to the back of the switch and connections should be easier.

Thanks in advance.

Also, if anyone as had good luck with an aftermarket set up I would entertain that as I want as well as the pulse wipers have been less than perfectly reliable since I rebuilt the car 20 years ago now.

Pulse Wiper Trouble Shooting (1979 Trans Am)
« on: April 07, 2022, 07:24:00 PM »
You can help support TAC!