Author Topic: 'Clear' window tint  (Read 521 times)

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
'Clear' window tint
« on: February 28, 2022, 08:23:38 PM »
Might be an interesting development with further information, of course it's hard to compare before and after shots or really test unless you are familiar with your car parked all day in the sun perhaps.

https://www.originalair.com/window-tint-options-for-classic-muscle-cars?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feb2022

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: 'Clear' window tint
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 09:39:25 PM »
I got that email today too. Kinda interesting. Assuming it’s not just a gimmick. I’ve been debating tint of some level lately though to compliment my newly added air conditioning. I bought a set of rear window louvers (I have yet to pick up) which should help but I can’t decide what I want to do (if anything) with the side windows.
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 08:39:14 AM »
Good idea just to keep the uv rays out. Not a problem with my 77 though, it stays in the garage. Heat isnt a problem either as the a/c is not hooked up. Tops are off most of the time when I drive. If its that hot, I stay home.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

Vroom_vroom

• Active Forum Member
  • ka-kawwww
    • my build thread
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 10:32:00 AM »
how "clear" is clear, i have seen some before and they are not bad but its still obvious. having said that im tinting my bird this year and putting in ac. car sits most of the year due to it being just too hot out for the occupants to handle.
'77 T/A Poncho 400-4spd.(upgrading failure)|kre-d port heads|scorpion 1.5rr|800 smi q-jet|tomahawk forged I beams|kb flat tops|OER 15x8 snowflakes|rpm intake&drop base|try-y headers|pypes kit|champion 4 core|rancho sways|Subframe connecters|A.P. hydro setup| prw flywheel| mcloud ss|
'19 Silverado 3500
'15 terrain

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 10:52:27 AM »
how "clear" is clear, i have seen some before and they are not bad but its still obvious. having said that im tinting my bird this year and putting in ac. car sits most of the year due to it being just too hot out for the occupants to handle.

That’s a fair question I wonder about too. Some very quick reading also suggests this film may be more expensive than traditional film. I really liked the auto city glass I believe stros installed that was tinted. I’m just not sure if that’s the look I want for my car though. Since I like louvers anyway and have wanted a set for a while and found some reasonably priced I figured I’d use those and I may attempt to tint my side windows myself. At least it can be removed if I decide
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 10:52:27 AM »