TAC Tech > Tips & Tricks

Build paper

(1/3) > >>

WillH:
Had to replace the original fuel tank on my 1979 Trans Am.  When the old tank was removed, the build sheet from the assembly line was still taped to the top of it.  Great to have such an artifact for the car but unfortunately it is caked with old grease and dirt so barely readable.  Does anyone have experience with how to clean it without destroying the paper?
Will

Jack:
I don't think you can but can always got another.

roadking77:
Good Deal.  I have gone through several cars (not nearly as many as some on here) and have yet to find a build sheet. You may want to contact a local historical society and see if they have a recommendation only cleaning and  preserving the paper at the same time. Unlike a window sticker, that is specific to your car, irreplaceable. If you can see enough of the information you can make a copy but you cant get another.

Jack:
Kerry, I could be wrong but I thought you could get a replacement from Pontiac Historical Society phs-online.

Maxthe222:

--- Quote from: Jack on August 10, 2021, 04:02:37 PM ---Kerry, I could be wrong but I thought you could get a replacement from Pontiac Historical Society phs-online.

--- End quote ---

They only get you the order invoice from Pontiac, it's good enough, it shows you all the pay extra options the car came with, colour and interior combo, and most of the important info, but not a copy of the buildsheet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version