TAC Tech > Tires, Brakes & Suspension

Brake Help

(1/4) > >>

roadking77:
If anyone has a stock disc brake settup from 79, is it possible to post some pics of the caliper and in particular the line feeding into the caliper.

I am having a devil of a time getting my rear brakes hooked up. I bought calipers from Firebird Central and after talking with them found out they are for someone doing a conversion to disc brakes. I have hard lines installed which I thought were exact reproductions, I may have bought them from inline tube? The hard lines I have do not fit into the Caliper. The Caliper I have is made to accept a banjo bolt not a flare nut fitting that I have. I have tried getting parts to marry the two together but so far no luck. I found something close from JEGS, an inverted flare female fitting but the threading is off. I called and what I got from them is the closest thing they have.

Looking in my 1979 Service Supplement Manual I see nothing in reference to the 'feed' line other than a note that says
"if brass bolt and block were removed..."  Looking at Tom's thread about a parking brake I can see in the pic what I think is the brass block.

SO, I am looking for ideas, or if someone has an original pair of calipers that can be rebuilt that they want to part with.

tinpusher:
I’ll check my 79 tomorrow ….been awhile since I did those.

tinpusher:
Drivers side:

tinpusher:
Passenger side:

tinpusher:
Pretty close to stock if I remember right. Swapped out those brake lines about 10 years ago and the stock ones also had the excessive bends prior to the caliper for the side to side movement

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version