TAC Spotlight > Projects & Restorations

F1 Project

(1/33) > >>

FormTA:

So..... I have another non Trans Am project....

This is a mismatch of parts that I am going to build a 49 F1 Ford Pick Up. Someone gave me the 51 cab and hood and I found the 49 front clip on marketplace for $300. The S10 I bought 5 years ago with intent to do this swap. The truck runs great and everything works and it is hard to find a 4x4 standard cab. But, thw frame is totally garbage, unsavailable... I found a ZR2 Frame for $100 that is in great shape so I have that... Anyway, here is what we got done this weekend.

Front clip and doors off in no time. Got my son involved as I knew this part would be fun. He really enjoyed it.

Look at the rust pouring out of it.

ryeguy2006a:
Looks great my friend! Great getting the kids involved. :cool:

5th T/A:
Wow, talk about an ambitious project.

A great father & son project. I like the classic look of the 49-51 Ford F1, this will be fun to watch!

FormTA:
Thanks guys. Cut the firewall and floor out of the F1 and maneuver it onto the S10. Right now I'm using the rusted running gear to align the firewall and floor to the F1 cab.

So, that right there was a lot of work. Now I have to wiggle things around and figure out where the original S10 firewall will sit in the F1 cab that puts the steering wheel and brake booster where they need to be and where the cab needs to be to put the front wheels centered in the opening.  It is close in the last picture.

Again,  hope posting this project doesn't offend folks as this is supposed to be Trans Am Country.

5th T/A:
Luke, you are not wasting anytime. Looks good!

I can't imagine anyone being offended. This is still automotive related, it's an interesting build. There are certainly a lot of other posts that are not about Firebirds or Trans Am's. I think an active build is good for TAC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version