TAC Central > Hobbies

Grilling

<< < (2/20) > >>

roadking77:
Jack I love pizza and have tried homemade, have never grilled one, would like to try that one of these days. Your settup actually inspired my renovation. I am going to take the plastic table out and put in a real counter with a wall in front similar to what you  have. I have a piece of stainless that is the perfect size for the top I am planning on using. Most of our 'yard' projects in the front of the house are caught up so I may be able to get to this pretty soon.

Jack:
Last year I had a tarp over the grill station but it did not survive the winter, need to replace it with something nice (I had a $5 one from harbor fright).

As far as grilling pizza - we have been doing it for a while now and the trick is to supper heat the grill, place the dough without toppings on the grill for a minute or so flip and load up with toppings.   

5th T/A:
No Grille station for us, just a spot on the deck. We use propane because its fast and easy, my purest friends all say it should only be charcoal. Since we grille twelve months a year it would be nice to have a canopy of some kind. Honestly my wife does most of it since my culinary skills are not very good. I am a big fan of anything cooked on a grille or smoker.

IMG_8143 by Lawrence Alexander, on Flickr

One of my son-in-laws has made smoking a full time hobby and is very good at it.

IMG_5142 by Lawrence Alexander, on Flickr

IMG_8142 by Lawrence Alexander, on Flickr

roadking77:
Nice looking grill Larry, nice spread of food too!
Nothing wrong with propane (ask Hank Hill!), I like the quickness of it, fire up the grill, 5 minutes youre ready to cook. But I have found lately that I gravitate towards charcoal. I have a couple of different types depending on what Im cooking. 

DD78TA:
I have a weber spirit I think it's called that I think is 15 years old. One of their smallest propane units. I've replaced the guts at least twice (due to rust, and I like to keep it clean and working right). I grill year around too ( in Missouri). I have a good sized deck and about half of it is covered and screened in, I rarely bring it in the screened in part but I can if its pouring down rain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version