TAC Central > Lobby

Today I... "Redux Edition"

<< < (2/205) > >>

Casey:
Thanks Ryan!  Haha that's just the package name(Leather Sport, IIRC), but hopefully it'll have a LS V8 eventually.  That's the one part I don't love about the car, as the factory motor is just alright; there's nothing special about it at all, it's just there and moves the car reliably.  It's enough for me as I'm not a speed demon, but still I feel it lets the rest of the car down.

roadking77:
Kinda like my 82 firebird. Car looked great. But with a V6 it could barely pass a urine test!
I had a buddy with a Shelby Charger (does anyone remember those?) that was always challenging me to race. I just told him I didnt want to embarrass him. I dont think he really knew how doggy my car really was

Jack:

--- Quote from: roadking77 on February 11, 2021, 08:25:27 AM ---Kinda like my 82 firebird. Car looked great. But with a V6 it could barely pass a urine test!
I had a buddy with a Shelby Charger (does anyone remember those?) that was always challenging me to race. I just told him I didnt want to embarrass him. I dont think he really knew how doggy my car really was

--- End quote ---
A friend of mine had a Charger, it looked good but that's about it. It was a 4 cylinder go cart.

MalteseFalcon:

--- Quote from: Casey on February 11, 2021, 07:09:54 AM ---Thanks Ryan!  Haha that's just the package name(Leather Sport, IIRC), but hopefully it'll have a LS V8 eventually.  That's the one part I don't love about the car, as the factory motor is just alright; there's nothing special about it at all, it's just there and moves the car reliably.  It's enough for me as I'm not a speed demon, but still I feel it lets the rest of the car down.

--- End quote ---

I'm curious, Casey; I think Miata's are interesting cars, but isn't the idea behind the Miata that it's a perfectly balanced sports car, 50/50 weight distribution, etc?  It seems to me that it would be hard to maintain that after installing an LS V8 and a drive train that would handle its torque.

roadking77:
I thought the shelby's were turbo charged. For the time period they were rather quick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version