TAC Central > Lobby

Today I... "Redux Edition"

<< < (201/205) > >>

roadking77:
I am a few miles from the Conowingo dam. I cant imagine how many Eagles are there, I would bet a hundred! Its cool to drive over during feeding time and see them in action. The pic I took of the nest is adjacent to the North East river.

As for the dump trucks, I give them space. Its a law that all loads need to be tarped and most do. It irritates me when I see one without and that is just pure lazy. Most if not all of them are motorized now. When I drove I had to physically get up on the bed of the truck and unroll the tarp by hand, go around the back, take a couple of straps and tie the back end down. Def a pain in the..... and it took about 5 minutes or so. But I always had it on! The ones that really irritate me are the guys that wont even get out of the cab, but will put the tarp down, only the rear pan is still covered with dirt or stone as well as the top of the gate.

79GoldnTan:
So, Saturday I went to my local Napa store to get new battery for my zero turn, so I figured let's get oil and filter also, no problem, so let's get oil and filter for others as well, no problem, 65 Chevy no problem, 79 ta......, wait .... no stock, need to order it in, really?? Yep, two days out. Wow

roadking77:
I was surprised with the availability of parts that NAPA carried for the trans am. I would always use Ames or the like no matter what it was I needed. Then, I found that NAPA had a lot of the stuff for general maintenance. A couple of years ago I could walk in and out with the part I needed. During my 79 restoration as of late it has been a different story. It seems the last couple of parts I needed were either out of stock or not available. I have 2 of their stores within a 20 min. drive in either direction, a lot of times if one store doesnt have it the other will. AND there is a very large distribution warehouse 40 min away. So there have been times I place an order in the morning and the store will have it in the afternoon.

79GoldnTan:
Sure, I could see that for major parts, but an oil filter. Unfortunately the next closest parts store would be in Binghamton by, a good forty mile drive one way. I guess I'll stick to the internet next time

roadking77:
Yes, one would think an oil filter would be a pretty easy find!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version