TAC Tech > Exterior

Reproduction Glass Quality

<< < (2/12) > >>

Gene-73:

--- Quote from: FormTA on March 19, 2021, 03:12:32 AM ---I installed all new glass from NPD. I'll check the numbers but the side and rear glass is not a perfect match to OEM either. I had to remove one of the inner pads on both doors so th glass would go up and down. I'll get some measurements of the curvature for you too.

--- End quote ---

The NPD glass I bought didn't have any other markings aside from the DOT number which is located in the middle of the glass along the bottom edge. Easy to see if your door panels are off.

Gene-73:

--- Quote from: roadking77 on March 19, 2021, 06:36:53 AM ---I am looking for a new windshield and finding one without ant. is hard. I think Classic does have it.

--- End quote ---

The PGW windshield I had installed seems to be very good quality. Mine has a the antenna but PGW may have it without. Price was comparable to OER and AMD brands.

The thing is though, I haven't run across any vendor that sells PGW directly to consumers. My glass installer procured the windshield directly from the supplier.

roadking77:
Thanks thats good to know. I had the installer provide the windshield and installation for my 77, just not sure that guy is still in the business.

Wallington:
Excellent write-up. Did you take any photos of the glass being setup using the 3D-printed gauge blocks? I think someone posted a couple but it may have been pre-crash on that particular post.

I have a set of tinted Golden Star Auto door glass, made in Taiwan from memory. I thought they were no longer available but seems the GSA restoration parts company is based in Texas, and supply places like Tamraz's and Jegs. I haven't installed to comment, perhaps someone else has used this brand?

https://goldenstarauto.com/ResultPage.aspx?c=1&sc=539&pi=1

stros:
I haven't seen them mentioned yet, but I really like my Auto City Classic glass.  It's considerably thicker than the OER glass I had earlier, and is available in a few different colors.  The rear window and door glass in grey cost me $500 shipped buying from them on eBay.  No need to go buy separate tint as the glass is plenty dark.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version