TAC Central > Hobbies

Dogs

(1/5) > >>

roadking77:
Not sure if there was a thread here before about shop dogs. How many of you guys have a 'special' family member?
I saw on the news this morning that a Bloodhound won the Westminster show last night. I saw a blip of it on tv but thought it was a rerun as this usually happens around Feb. My wife used to have a Boxer that was a show dog. Dog shows are a whole different world altogether.
We now have a couple of Chihuahua's and a Pomeranian.

5th T/A:
I can’t call my mutt a real shop dog, but he is a great companion. Since I retired he is responsible for me walking him 4-5 miles every day. I have had dogs all my life, this one is my all time favorite. If you are a dog person you understand.

b_hill_86:
Not a shop dog per se but this is ours. She’s a mix of some sort. We’ve had her almost 6 years now and she’s a great dog. I had dogs growing up but she’s my first as an adult. She rarely barks, listens well (inside) and gets along with our two cats just fine. Only “issue” is she’s not trustworthy off leash which is probably partially a result of lack of training with her on my part.

Growing up, we had a dog that we could let out with us at our cabin in the U.P. And she’d wander into the woods or down to the dock. No matter where, if you called her, she came running. Cant say as much for our dog now but aside from that I couldn’t ask for a better dog.

roadking77:
2019-08-27_09-33-34 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr
2019-08-27_09-22-15 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr
Long hair is Sebastion, the short hair is my baby Madeline!!  I would be lost without her. We didnt have pets when I grew up, and I was the furthest thing from liking dogs. My wife was the dog person and brought them (with my reluctance) into the household. She had medium sized dogs, then after a few years we started with boxers. Had a couple of them before we ended up with the show dog. He was a beautiful example and all around great dog. Boxers are fantastic pets. Unfortunately he had a brain tumor after about 4 years and we lost him. Fast forward to the Chihuahua's. I never care for dogs, let alone small yappy ones, BUT after have these little guys I doubt I would ever get a big dog again. They are on or about my lap every evening and make great 'therapy' after a stressful day. Yes, I am comfortable enough in my masculinity to admit I love my little dogs sitting on my lap! :lol:

b_hill_86:
My sister has a couple of chihuahuas and they’re pretty cool. One is very partial to her but for some reason the dog loves me. Her other one, not as sociable but they’re cool nonetheless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version