TAC Central > Hobbies

House Addition - Completed

(1/12) > >>

Jack:
I know most on here are handy and like seeing construction projects and therefore I'll share my house addition that was completed few years ago. I think it will be interesting to see how things are done in the northeast and this gives my a chance to show off my construction skills :D :lol:

I'll be very specific as to what was done by me personally vs. the contractors and provide a lot of pictures.

Basically my house use to be a small ranch (approx. 2,400 s.f. on 2/3 acre land) 3 bedrooms, two baths, very small kitchen and combined living room/dinning room. The addition was approx. 1,100 and added a master bedroom with 2 walk-in closets and a master bath; and an eat in kitchen (about 600 s.f. master bedroom and 500 s.f. kitchen). The three existing bedrooms were combined into 2 and each was provided with a walk-in closet. Other things done to the existing house include adding a half bath, family room (you won't believe this) MOVED a fireplace and converted to gas, cut in a new lower level entrance (was not fun).

I designed and drew all plans as well as designed/sized all structure elements. I've also done most of the interior finishes but will detail as we go alone. AND we did all of this without moving out... Correction we moved out for five days to get the floor redone.

This is what the rear of the house looked like.

Jack:
I demo'ed the porch and excavation started.

kentucky yeti:
You had me at "small ranch- 2400 square feet".  Around here, we call that huge!  My current house is only 1600 or so.

Jack:
The 2,400 s.f. included the finished basement, complete with a kitchenette and the second full bath. At the time with did not use it much and therefore the house was small for us. Now I pretty much live (work) in the basement...

b_hill_86:

--- Quote from: kentucky yeti on March 11, 2022, 02:31:50 PM ---You had me at "small ranch- 2400 square feet".  Around here, we call that huge!  My current house is only 1600 or so.

--- End quote ---

I was gonna say, mine is only 1300 lol. That doesn’t include my basement either though which is finished

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version