Sponsors > Pro-Touring F-body

Made a Tennessee Run Sunday

(1/2) > >>

kentucky yeti:
I took backroads all the way there, and a different route (still on backroads) all the way back home.  I met up with Dave, and we talked a while.  I got to see a lot of his inventory, and left with front and rear springs, and solid body mounts.  Maybe something else or two  :lol:  The scenic routes we took were less than 30 minutes longer than if we had went via I-24.  2 1/2 hours each way.  The '77 is going to get a much-needed suspension makeover.  Lots of goodies at Pro-Touring F-Body.  Check them out.

rkellerjr:
Sounds like a moon shine run to me.

kentucky yeti:

--- Quote from: rkellerjr on February 20, 2024, 03:57:43 PM ---Sounds like a moon shine run to me.

--- End quote ---

:lol: :lol: :lol:

5th T/A:
Sounds like this was a win/win. Any day you take your car out has to be a good one. I have read good things about the PTFB suspension upgrades. Hopefully you can post a critique of before and after. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. My biggest concern would be a harder ride and maybe increased NVH. Will ride height change? Are you using stock size wheel and tire? My apologies for hitting you with so many questions. Just curious.

kentucky yeti:
Well, I doubt the noise and vibration can be as bad as the original 1977 suspension.  I have the original wheels, but I run 8” flakes with 255/60-15 tires.  I hope to change the ride height.  Right now, every time I hit a dip in the road, the body hits the tires.  Probably the ride will be firmer with the solid mounts, but overall I expect a smoother ride with the new shocks and suspension.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version