Author Topic: Anyone buy from a-resto-parts.com?  (Read 823 times)

DirtyWhite77

• Active Forum Member
Anyone buy from a-resto-parts.com?
« on: July 31, 2021, 02:16:16 PM »
My 77 needs a new inner tie rod and I’d like to change both outers and inners at the same time. Parts stores list a outer for $20 and an inner for $80 and that’s for the cheapest in house brand. Quick search online brought these guys up and this kit they sell

https://stores.a-resto-parts.com/products/1976-1977-1978-1979-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-black-polyurethane-new-front-end-suspension-rebuild-kit-with-idler-arm.html?Year=1977&Make=Pontiac&Model=Firebird

I’m planning on doing the sway bar ball joint and control arm bushings at a later date anway. Steering components aren’t something I want to cheap out on though so I want to make sure I’m buying quality stuff from the start. Does any one have any experience with these guys?

b_hill_86

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Anyone buy from a-resto-parts.com?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 06:49:59 PM »
I haven’t tried there but what I did was look up the part I wanted on my local auto parts store website then I looked them up on Amazon and it was significantly cheaper from what I remember. And they were all moog parts. Might be an option
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 speed

aussieta

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 08:12:51 PM »
not the sort of part i would be buying the cheapest
only name brands for steering and brakes
1978 Y84 W72 WS6
A Camaro looks like it could kick your ass.
A Trans Am looks like it's coming over to do it

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 10:38:06 PM »
x2 price doesn't come into it in many package deals of no-name items. They are still often overcharging for the quality.

tajoe

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 06:45:33 AM »
Might wanna do some research. On the "quality" concerns, cause I hear Moog might have a line in China. Also items such as oil pumps, or camshafts, there are only so many companies manufacturing them, such as Melling. Then they sell them to others who put their own name on it. Problem is, getting that info isn't always so easy. I use-ta like the Moog line too, till I heard that. Haven't proven it yet tho. Maybe some-one here?
"You can sell an old man a young mans car,
but you can't sell a young man an old mans car"
                                       Bunkie Knudsen
<

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 06:45:33 AM »

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 06:49:04 AM »
I'd still prefer Chinese Moog to no-name Chinese part. Yes, find out what you are buying first, it may be suitable, it may be junk.

DirtyWhite77

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 07:46:08 PM »
Classic industries has some listed for around $25 apiece. Hotchkis sold a set, there was another performance place that sold a set. I’m not looking for stronger than oem. I’m gonna get the car running and driving on these and I’ll upgrade when the time comes.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 07:46:08 PM »
You can help support TAC!