TAC Tech > Mechanical

Throttle bracket

(1/1)

N PRGRES:
Specs: 81 TA running a 73 400 with the eldelbrock alum manifold and Rochester carb. Cannot for the life of me find the correct bracket for the throttle and lockdown cable. Any ideas?

firebirdparts:
I don't use one, but just from google it looks like they recommended an adapter and the original bracket.  Edelbrock says the adapter 8015 was designed for 1968-71 Pontiacs, and 8014 for 72-76.  Both are in stock at Summit, but there's not much to them.  You could make your own if you have to.

I can imagine that your real problem would be finding a 1972-76 original bracket.  Is that what you're really missing?

NOT A TA:
I made a "riser" that fits under the original bracket. The aftermarket brackets (at that time) were crappy flexible chrome plated junk.

Fbird:
have always had luck just hacking up the originals and adapt as needed as all you really want is the "square" that the cables snap into.

NOT A TA:

--- Quote from: Fbird on March 07, 2021, 08:15:44 AM ---have always had luck just hacking up the originals and adapt as needed as all you really want is the "square" that the cables snap into.

--- End quote ---

No need to hack if you make a riser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version