TAC Central > Hobbies

8 track lot I picked up

<< < (3/3)

b_hill_86:

--- Quote from: blue81ta on December 25, 2023, 08:50:48 AM ---Lots of good music there.  8) Ram Jam.... wow. There can't be that many Ram Jam 8 tracks left out there.

--- End quote ---

Took me a little bit to get one for a reasonable price. Pretty good album actually though. Much better than their second album anyway.

firebirdparts:
That's great!  Some of that was at the end of 8 tracks.

apfstg:
I always carried a book of matches with my 8 tracks - sometimes the wedge made them play better…

roadking77:
Fun memories. Mom had a 67 firebird 400 when I was a kid. It had an eight track in it, no idea if it was factory or aftermarket. She had the white album on tape. I loved listening to that driving in that car. One day with my brother at the wheel the tape jammed (very typical) and out it came. A half mile of tape stuck in the machine. The cassette promptly went out of the window never to be heard again  :sad:
 I had a home stereo, record player (yes, they are records not VINYL, lol) with an 8 track. I thought it was the coolest because I could record onto the 8 track from the record player! Can you imagine that kind of technology :shock: :shock:
When cassettes started to come into their own another of my brothers had an underdash unit that played both 8 tr. AND cassette! That was the cats meow! By the time I started driving, 1980 cassettes had pretty much taken over. I must've had 4 or 5 of those brief case looking tape holders packed with all kinds of driving music. I was pretty anal about them and would cut up file folders as the sleeve inside the case. I typed, yes with a typewriter, the name of the cassette. That way when you opened the case they all looked the same.
I have an 8 track in my TA but its not hooked up. I do have a couple of tapes I put out for display. I think one is Sat. Night Fever and maybe the Village People. Good disco stuff of course :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version