TAC Tech > Parts Review

Bad PartsPlace Inc experience

<< < (2/2)

jonathonar89:
I ordered a 621 bellhousing from them to do my LS swap a few years ago.  That Chinese casting was so thin.  I was scared to use it and ended up selling the thing.  I’m sure some of their parts are not bad but that was definitely not safe to use for clutch/transmission.

chief poncho:
Just wanted to chime in that I've had positive experiences ordering from them on Ebay in the past.  Granted, I've usually only purchased lower dollar smaller parts, but have had real good luck without any issues.  I even scored my deluxe lower door panels for my '71 off of them in the correct blue.  That was the highest dollar purchase I made from them.  I have heard they can be a real PITA to deal with if there is a problem though.

Wallington:
These days you shouldn't even need to deal with them direct after the initial time period has lapsed for item to arrive. If you request refund and they fail do do so, Ebay/Paypal step in and that's that. But there's weeks wasted getting there and you still don't have the item and perhaps no one else does either.

5th T/A:
I have not had any issues with them, but always went to their web site or the store for my purchases. Personally, I hate dealing with eBay. Hard to judge parts availability lately due supply chain issues, many repo parts come out of China or who knows where.

Another parts supplier Tamrazs, was started by an old friend of mine Marc Tamraz.  I have known Marc for over 40 years, sadly he passed away December of 2018. The founder of The Parts Place was an employee of Tamrazs, who went out on his own and obviously did pretty well. The last I heard Classic Industries now owns The Parts Place. Sometimes it's a small world.

Wallington:
Interesting. I'd bought several parts from Tamraz's years ago, had good range and prices, but also international shipping quotes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version