Author Topic: Save the forum?  (Read 3087 times)

ryeguy2006a

• Oracle Forum Member
Re: Save the forum?
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2023, 06:09:31 AM »
I still use Flickr as my file hosting method for pictures, but use youtube for videos.

1976 Trans Am LS1 and much more...SOLD
1968 Camaro LSA, T56 Magnum, and much more...SOLD

Current Project: 1955 Nomad LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes and etc...

rkellerjr

• Oracle Forum Member
  • When you turn your car on does it return the favor
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2023, 06:48:19 AM »
We are on a totally new platform.  Now you can attach pics instantly with no copy/paste work.

Wait….what? I guess I was not paying attention. Can it do video too? I have a short video of my car leaving the garage for the first time in 30+ years.

What is the process to post pictures?
I see the image icon, but can I browse my photo library or do I copy the picture first and paste it in between the IMG brackets?

Update- figured out pictures, what do we do to post videos?

For video I think you need to upload to youtube and then post a link to it.

mrbandit

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
  • TAC Webmaster
    • http://www.transamcountry.com
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2023, 09:39:19 AM »
Sorry about the issue everyone.  I'm looking into the issue and it seems to be browser specific.  The site is showing up in Edge for me, but not Chrome.  I may need to update the forum software if the CSS requirements have changed.
1979 Firebird v6 3spd manual (they do exist)

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2023, 06:31:33 AM »
Have been away for a week and come back to doom and gloom  :sad:

First, It would be nice if everyone would stop saying 'before the crash' or anything related to the 'crash'. That was at least 2 years ago maybe longer by now. Get over it!

Stop looking to the past and move forward. Providing entertaining content is the only way to move forward. This is a user driven sight, no content then nothing to look forward to.

I have not been here as long as Yetti, but will stay as long as its running :grin:
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2023, 07:21:09 AM »
You wouldn't be saying things like that Before the Crash...

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2023, 07:21:09 AM »

firebirdparts

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2023, 08:41:09 AM »
I saw that too [the text-only]

I personally don't care what the site looks like.  It's enough for me that if you answer a question the answer is findable and it'll be there later.  Once the site was wiped the confidence people had in that got shaken a lot, obviously.  Personally I don't really expect anything to ever be found on facebook.  It may be better than I think.

I have to think that we hit a peak in the number of these cars being restored by people who would ask a question in a place like this, but I don't compare the activity level to some place like maxperformance.
I want to be like Paul Kenny when I grow up
Joe Bays
1977 Y82 4-speed (red interior)
1978 Skybird 350
1978 Redbird 305
1979 Redbird 301 4-speed
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC/SE (red)
1970 Datsun Pickup
1953 Chevy pickup (converted 4x4)
1988 T-bird Turbo Coupe

5th T/A

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2023, 04:14:07 PM »
Have been away for a week and come back to doom and gloom  :sad:

First, It would be nice if everyone would stop saying 'before the crash' or anything related to the 'crash'. That was at least 2 years ago maybe longer by now. Get over it!

Stop looking to the past and move forward. Providing entertaining content is the only way to move forward. This is a user driven sight, no content then nothing to look forward to.

I have not been here as long as Yetti, but will stay as long as its running :grin:

Well said Kerry, no sense crying over spilled milk, especially for something that happened years ago.

The world is not perfect and never will be. I guess you could say the same about TAC. In my mind it's a great place to communicate with people who have a passion for Firebirds.
1980 T/A with a Pontiac 461

Gone but not forgotten;
1973 T/A 455
1975 T/A 400
1978 T/A W72
1982 T/A cross fire injected

Two wheel toys;
2014 Harley Ultra Classic Limited
2013 Honda CB1100
2010 Yamaha Vmax
1982 Yamaha Seca 750

jonathonar89

• Oracle Forum Member
    • Mark's Cars Inc.
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2023, 07:55:37 PM »
Hello,

Chiming in as a person who previously posted content but has slowed up over the years.  I still look at the forum but my posting has diminished significantly.  My reasoning has been more about change in life and how I access internet.  When computers were my main tool for accessing internet and my personal life was different, I posted much more.  Since I’ve come to use phones for internet access, marriage, kids and many other reasons, I have posted less on forums and I have almost stopped working on my Trans Am. 

Again, I still check in on the forum and I still have my Trans Am but my life has been consumed with other projects.  I hope to get back to my Trans Am and posting my project online soon enough but we’ll see.

Stay active guys,
Jon
Mark's Cars Inc.

https://markscarsinc.com

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2023, 03:18:38 AM »
I've barely touched my own car in 10 years, yet here I am posting crap.

70_71_78

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2023, 08:12:34 AM »
In order to post I had to open an old, old windows test environment and use an old version of Firefox so I could see the format to find the place to enter this message's text! I don't run windows on any computer natively anymore, just too much BS. I have lived in a linux world since the late '80's and also refuse to let my phone hold/run or manage my life. Therefore i stand for "Save the clock tower!" ........ Wait, loosing my mind, "Save the forum!" point of view. My ageing hands and eyes have enough trouble with a desktop screen and keyboard! Making them small enough to fit in my pocket doesn't help that situation. Facebook? Never! Same with Apple devices, but that is another story, on to the last two posts.

I too have spent too much time not working on my own projects.Why? Our youngest of 4 is 33. Grandchildren from 18 to 3 years of age. I wouldn't change any of that for project progress. Projects in vehicle maintenance and repair for family,..... you do what helps the family. But where does that leave my projects? Exactly what I have been contemplating since retiring. I have been accumulating engine and body parts for so long that in some cases I am no longer sure that the remaining parts needed to reassemble things are still available or affordable! Will I be able to find a machine shop that I can afford that knows how to, or even cares to address the older stuff that I have? I can fabricate many things on my own, but still have limits. How much farther will my body deteriorate and how fast is that going to happen?

Enough of that side. My wonderful wife reminds me often that figuring out how and why, for me has it's own rewards. It doesn't matter what it is for, just that I did something and can see the result is what matters. She calls it my therapy and really understand. So, for now, I keep the tools, do what I need to then what I can, and keep going. Still doubting that I will complete my favorite projects.

5th T/A

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2023, 09:59:03 AM »
Hello,

Chiming in as a person who previously posted content but has slowed up over the years.  I still look at the forum but my posting has diminished significantly.  My reasoning has been more about change in life and how I access internet.  When computers were my main tool for accessing internet and my personal life was different, I posted much more.  Since I’ve come to use phones for internet access, marriage, kids and many other reasons, I have posted less on forums and I have almost stopped working on my Trans Am. 

Again, I still check in on the forum and I still have my Trans Am but my life has been consumed with other projects.  I hope to get back to my Trans Am and posting my project online soon enough but we’ll see.

Stay active guys,
Jon

Jon,

When I joined TAC in 2020 you were pretty active and I enjoyed reading your posts. Good to hear from you and that you still have your TA. Because of marriage, kids, work and life in general I took a sabbatical for close to 40 years. My only regret was selling my 1975 TA figuring I would never find the time. My only real regret I guess. Everyone is different and they have to do what works for them.

Gone but not forgotten;
1973 T/A 455
1975 T/A 400
1978 T/A W72

Two wheel toys;
2013 Honda CB1100
2010 Yamaha Vmax
1982 Yamaha Seca 750

nas t eh

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2023, 10:50:16 AM »
I've barely touched my own car in 10 years, yet here I am posting crap.

Lol,
I am glad your here posting crap.

Find a way to touch your car, when I finally got back to working on mine I had to find some smaller easier tasks to pick at first. Cleaning up the work space was one of those tasks.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 10:53:40 AM by nas t eh »
1973 T/A 455, 4 speed.

737driver

• Oracle Forum Member
  • "Life is hard, It's Harder when you're Stupid.."
    • My Trans Am - Restoration Project
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2023, 08:57:15 PM »
Personally I have no real love for Facebook, however it is the only social Media forum I’m on. In my opinion Facebook attracts a lot of undesirable comments and negative input. Anyhow, I do appreciate this forum quite a bit and it has respectable contributions unlike Facebook groups. Most of the Facebook groups are shallow and lose interests real quick.
TAC is a good forum and it gets better with more contributions from the membership.
I’ve been on here for over 10 years now and I have learned quite a lot from it. I enjoy contributing to it as I can and I especially enjoy seeing others work and progress with their cars.
Although it is primarily a Firebird site it is interesting to read about other types of cars people are working on. Perhaps having a separate Topic section on other cars that we are working on would be an idea as well. Our membership does some really cool work on cars in addition to TransAms.
Hope to see TAC to continue to keep going, however that is dependent upon the contributions of the members. We have a good bunch on this site and I’d hate to see it fade away.
Jim
1979 Trans Am- Heritage Brown -W72 (Pontiac 400) -4Speed-WS6
1972 LeMans Convertible
1977 Trans Am
1972 Firebird
2000 TransAm WS6
1968 Lemans Converible
1979 TransAm Gold WS6 400/4speed
1971 Firebird
1977 MGB  Roadster Convertible

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2023, 10:20:54 PM »
x2 I hate the thing but....it's where people and business are that I need to keep in touch with. That started with mechanics and spray painters that often gave updates, on other projects, not mine. And unfortunately, it's also where other companies choose to give their updates rather than groups, websites, blogs, whatever. But there's nothing social about the experience.

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2023, 08:03:31 AM »
This is another reason everyone is on fbook. Have a look at the forum posts. No one discussing aspects of the cars or asking how to fix this or that, just endless crap in the lobby and gossip sections about nothing. Some guys with 1000's of posts never knew there was a technical section of the forum.

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2023, 08:03:31 AM »

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Life is short, have fun, Drive a T/A
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2023, 10:13:52 AM »
Wait? We have actual repair sections?
79 Trans am low buck LS swapped
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (waiting it's turn)
69 Dodge charger on late model charger chassis
49 Ford F1 on a 2003 Chevy ZR2 Chassis (current project)
Names, Luke. If I hear anyone telling me they're my father....

79GoldnTan

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2023, 06:34:11 PM »
Lol
This is great, love to see everyone chiming in. If only the format I see would go back to the way it was. I'm thinking maybe I need to upgrade my tablet?.
79 solar gold    
461.   Factory 4 speed
PTFB SFC
PTFB 1LE
3.08 rear  for now
Lots O Fun

5th T/A

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2023, 06:49:07 PM »
This is another reason everyone is on fbook. Have a look at the forum posts. No one discussing aspects of the cars or asking how to fix this or that, just endless crap in the lobby and gossip sections about nothing. Some guys with 1000's of posts never knew there was a technical section of the forum.

I am one of those lately just posting in the lobby. This last year I haven't done much with my car other than drive it. Hopefully in the near future I will have something worthwhile. I am in the process of upgrading my AC compressor with a kit from Original Air. This has not been without drama as I ordered the kit back on September 7th. It took a month for them to ship and they sent me the wrong compressor. The correct compressor was just delivered on 11/04 and I just started installing today. I hope to post something on it soon.

Gone but not forgotten;
1973 T/A 455
1975 T/A 400
1978 T/A W72

Two wheel toys;
2013 Honda CB1100
2010 Yamaha Vmax
1982 Yamaha Seca 750

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2023, 06:51:38 AM »
Nothing wrong with lobby posting if it keeps things interesting and moving forward. Larry you have the knowledge and experience and answer many other posts with positivity. That part is invaluable to us that have little knowledge!

My social media experience is here and the AACA forum. On that forum there is no 'Lobby' and anything unrelated to antique cars is immediately taken down. I like the format here better.

I keep saying to myself that I need to get my business on FB and step into the 21st century, but everything else about me is stuck in the 20th,  :lol:
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

blue81ta

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2023, 04:50:33 AM »
Sorry about the issue everyone.  I'm looking into the issue and it seems to be browser specific.  The site is showing up in Edge for me, but not Chrome.  I may need to update the forum software if the CSS requirements have changed.

I agree. The site looks fine when I'm using Firefox.  I use the Brave browser  99% of the time and when I come to TAC, I see what Form TA posted in his reply.
Keith
1981 Trans Am....My safe haven from all of life's bs
One owner....Unrestored.... Original

rkellerjr

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2023, 08:44:37 AM »

I am one of those lately just posting in the lobby. This last year I haven't done much with my car other than drive it. Hopefully in the near future I will have something worthwhile. I am in the process of upgrading my AC compressor with a kit from Original Air. This has not been without drama as I ordered the kit back on September 7th. It took a month for them to ship and they sent me the wrong compressor. The correct compressor was just delivered on 11/04 and I just started installing today. I hope to post something on it soon.

Which is exactly why there are other "sections" on the forum. Not everyone is working on their car and therefore won't have car posts so it gives everyone a place to talk about other things, life, etc. and become a community. Whenever I'm working on my car, I post in the appropriate section but, once done, I talk about other things going on that might be interesting to others.

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2023, 09:25:04 AM »

Which is exactly why there are other "sections" on the forum. Not everyone is working on their car and therefore won't have car posts so it gives everyone a place to talk about other things, life, etc. and become a community. Whenever I'm working on my car, I post in the appropriate section but, once done, I talk about other things going on that might be interesting to others.

Well said Rich. Keeps everyone together and provides a bit of entertainment. I was on a woodworking forum that has no lobby section, I think the last time I looked there had been about 5 posts over a years time!
Finished!
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

kentucky yeti

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
  • located in western Ky
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2023, 06:55:02 AM »
Guys- we have never, and we won't start now, either promoted or bashed other Firebird forums.  There aren't many rules here, but that has been a standing rule since I have been here. I cleaned this thread up.  Let's keep it cleaned.  Thanks.
Mike (aka Yeti)

1977 Y82 W72 Auto
2015 F-150 Lariat 4x4 (twin turbo)
2016 Explorer Limited
2012 Mustang

rkellerjr

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2023, 06:59:28 AM »
Guys- we have never, and we won't start now, either promoted or bashed other Firebird forums.  There aren't many rules here, but that has been a standing rule since I have been here. I cleaned this thread up.  Let's keep it cleaned.  Thanks.

ok

wheels78ta

• Active Forum Member
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2023, 01:05:02 PM »
To Mike, and all of TAC.

I apologize for my actions.  I take full responsibility.  I was the one who acted like a child. 

Rich, I didn't mean to drag you into it.  Sorry buddy.

Moving on.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 01:32:48 PM by wheels78ta »
Willie

1978 Gold Y88 4 spd W72 WS6 project
1987 K5 Blazer---The Crawler
2006 Chevy Silverado Z71----Hers
2005 Chevy Suburban 2500---The Hauler

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2023, 01:05:02 PM »

Nexus

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2023, 08:04:23 AM »
So, my two cents.

I prefer to come here for my Trans Am needs, and I am a guilty one, for having unfinished threads that I started. I try to post when I have something new to update on my project's, but sadly most of the projects I've started, haven't gone anywhere. College and my karate school has taken up 98% of my free time and energy.

Like many others, I can't seem to get into the FB page, and I've tried, but I find myself gravitating back to here for the same reasons as everyone else.

I want to see the site continue so like Kerry said, let's move on, and keep fighting for it to stay active, and with that said, I'll do my best to more active than I have been.

anyways, now I'm subscribed

Cheers
Charlie

79 Esprit but like many, it will be a T/A clone
(22 years and counting but still have her)
http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=79648.0

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2023, 07:04:48 PM »

I am glad I figured this out otherwise I was having real trouble seeing anything (or posting). Hopefully we can keep the site going.

Regards, Jack

xtrme_ta

• Oracle Forum Member
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/Xtrmes10
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2023, 07:02:11 PM »
I'm also guilty of not coming here enough.
Between starting a new job about a year and a half ago with lots of overtime and having no time to work on the TA.
Hopefully this winter I will be back on working on the TA again.
It also looks like I might be getting my heart surgery in the next couple of months so after that I'm hoping to get back to myself again and have the ambition to work on the car again.

On a side note I use Chrome and the forum looks bad for me too.
Like I said I haven't been here allot but wouldn't want to loose this place.
I don't use Facebook so if this place ever did end I would loose contact with you guys.
I have been on forums in the past that had memberships that worked and I have a few shirts and hoodies from different forums so I'd be open to that.
I was also planning on restoring the Xtrme_TA thread.
I'll have a couple free months to spend some time doing that.
76 50th Anniversary Edition  Pro Street Trans Am 454 w/ 8.71 Blower, TH400 Full manual w/ reverse valve body. S&W race Cars Super car rear with Strange center section with 4:56 Gears.

FormTA

• Oracle Forum Member
  • Life is short, have fun, Drive a T/A
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2023, 10:46:19 PM »
I think your original thread is what drew me here years ago. Then when I was looking to my LS swap I ran across Ryan's thread and I have been here ever since. It would be cool to go down memory lane with the Extreme TA. Is there a thread on any forum of the original build? Anyways, good to see you around!
79 Trans am low buck LS swapped
79 Formula 301 (Work in progress)
67 RS Camaro (waiting it's turn)
69 Dodge charger on late model charger chassis
49 Ford F1 on a 2003 Chevy ZR2 Chassis (current project)
Names, Luke. If I hear anyone telling me they're my father....

kentucky yeti

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
  • located in western Ky
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2023, 06:54:16 AM »
Good to see you back on here, Tracy.   Hope your surgery heals you up fast, so can build that XTREME car again in time for summer cruising.
Mike (aka Yeti)

1977 Y82 W72 Auto
2015 F-150 Lariat 4x4 (twin turbo)
2016 Explorer Limited
2012 Mustang

xtrme_ta

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2023, 06:43:07 PM »
I have a thread over on Hitman's but I just looked and it hasn't been updated since 2012.
I do want to get an updated one here but photobucket shut down my account over there so I'll need to find a new host and upload all the photos again.

I did get some work done on the 52 Willy's Jeep this Sunday that's closer to be done.
Was even closer to being done but in the down time I redesigned allot of it to a more modern design.
I started a whole new roll cage design new dash all new electronics.
Hopefully I'll have it ready for summer.
76 50th Anniversary Edition  Pro Street Trans Am 454 w/ 8.71 Blower, TH400 Full manual w/ reverse valve body. S&W race Cars Super car rear with Strange center section with 4:56 Gears.

firebirdparts

• Jedi Council
  • Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2023, 03:55:03 AM »
Hi XtremeTA!  Good to see you.

I am back to text-only on google chrome.
I want to be like Paul Kenny when I grow up
Joe Bays
1977 Y82 4-speed (red interior)
1978 Skybird 350
1978 Redbird 305
1979 Redbird 301 4-speed
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC/SE (red)
1970 Datsun Pickup
1953 Chevy pickup (converted 4x4)
1988 T-bird Turbo Coupe

Jack

• Oracle Forum Member
  • 1971 Esprit TA Clone W72 1972 Formula 68 350 HO
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2023, 04:40:04 AM »
I have a thread over on Hitman's but I just looked and it hasn't been updated since 2012.
I do want to get an updated one here but photobucket shut down my account over there so I'll need to find a new host and upload all the photos again.

I did get some work done on the 52 Willy's Jeep this Sunday that's closer to be done.
Was even closer to being done but in the down time I redesigned allot of it to a more modern design.

You don't need Photobucket for TAC anymore and you'll be able to just upload pics here.
BTW - good to see you back and I would love to see updates of the Willy's.

Regards, Jack

xtrme_ta

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2023, 04:02:12 PM »

You don't need Photobucket for TAC anymore and you'll be able to just upload pics here.
BTW - good to see you back and I would love to see updates of the Willy's.

I know all the pictures are hosted there and the account is now locked because I didn't pay.lol
I also have them on an old computer id have to get working to get them from there.
I would also need to resize everyone to host them here . I get the message their to big every time I try.

nas t eh

• Oracle Forum Member
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2023, 02:15:31 PM »
If Mr. Bandit is successful with the backup drive he found, we may have a bunch of old threads back!!!!
1973 T/A 455, 4 speed.

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2023, 02:15:31 PM »
You can help support TAC!