TAC Tech > Tips & Tricks

700R4 or 200-4R torque converter lockup

(1/1)

silver78:
Swapping in an overdrive trans?  check out this older article I saved.  I believe some of the GM parts are no longer available but if you have an old GM vehicle sitting around you may have them already. 

Wallington:
I've had that GM lock-up delay valve on my parts list for years, never seen one for sale, or the alternatives. I have one that looks the same from B&M or Painless, not sure how they compare but articles seem to ignore them and reference the GM version (Delco 214-479, Standard DSV-31)

firebirdparts:
Interesting grounding through the brake lights.  The 200-4R's controls vary based on the original application, and I would bet some of them have an internally grounding switch which would require you ignore the brake lights or put in a relay to address that.  It's not entirely necessary in my opinion; if you stop, the TC will not let go until it drops out of 4th gear or possibly 3rd (the pressure switch) and that's okay.

Wallington:
Just like Cruise control, often wired through the brake pedal/lights to drop out.

firebirdparts:

--- Quote from: Wallington on January 10, 2022, 08:59:57 PM ---Just like Cruise control, often wired through the brake pedal/lights to drop out.

--- End quote ---

I've never seen cruise wired to ground through the bulbs, but I admit though I rarely have any trouble with it on anything I own, it might be common.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version