TAC Tech > Audio

Cutting door panels.....

(1/2) > >>

N PRGRES:
So as I continue on my project list for the winter, one thing I really want to do is rework my stereo system, mainly the front speakers.  I currently have a 6.5" componant system in the front in some speaker pods that I bought years ago.  While I don't mind them, they interfere with having a E brake and some functions of the AC.  So here is where I am.

I am keeping this speaker system one way or the other but also plan to add the 3.5 inch back into the dash to cover some highs and mid range.

I have the stock door panels that are in fairly good shape, I won't cut these, however, I think I would get much better sound with the speakers in the doors, as opposed to way down on the floor.

My thought is to remove my stock panels and store, and get an aftermarket set to cut.  There are some aftermarket door panels like the ones year ones sell, but they are ugly and not in my price point.  So trying to find a direction.....

Wallington:
Does your car have map pockets? Wondering if you could install them but have covered up, or find a speaker grille that is very retro and plain and paint to match trim like a factory option, and less of an obvious eyesore.

FormTA:
I like the map pocket idea!

b_hill_86:
Can they be mounted without cutting the door metal? I don’t recall there being a lot of real estate in there

FormTA:
I'm sure you would have to cut the door shell but you could back mount it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version