TAC Tech > Audio

My Radio upgrade

<< < (2/5) > >>

b_hill_86:

--- Quote from: FormTA on January 09, 2023, 10:28:57 AM ---Great instalation! Those new speakers had to be a huge improvement.  I love my tunes too!

I put an amplifier in my trunk with a blue tooth unit that has rca cables that feeds my amplifier. They also make BT amps but I already had my amp. I then just use my phone for music. The only draw back is controlling the volume is with my phone, not as easy as a knob on the dash...

--- End quote ---

For what it’s worth to whomever, some Bluetooth amps (like mine) have a wired remote to control volume, changing tracks and play/pause. Some Bluetooth amps do not though.

These are two other ideas I ran across when building my system I thought were interesting

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1086714362/in-dash-bluetooth-audio-for-your-classic

Mark 3 - Secret or Hidden Audio Device - Classic / Vintage Car Radio - 4 Speakers & RCA Pre-amp outputs https://a.co/d/53wPSks

Jack:
Great job, I put mine in the glove box (had to cut the back) I have a none functional 8 track player and kinda like the look (for a 71).
Just be careful with a large amp not to draw fantom power and drain the battery.

joey1978:
I was working im ny trunk as you did and got STUCK!  I couldn't get up and out!   :D :D :D

rkellerjr:
Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, my dash was already cut and an aftermarket system already installed, which was low quality anyway, so I upgraded as well. When I had the dash out during my restoration I went ahead and bought a front speaker replacement, Kenwood speakers. I'm not impressed though with the sound I have coming from this system, just hasn't been a priority yet to figure it out. It works.

Good job on the placement of yours, I didn't want to mess with my console as I plan on putting the 8-track system back in and routing that through the input system of a new radio so I can just change to AUX on the radio and play the 8-track.

b_hill_86:

--- Quote from: rkellerjr on April 22, 2023, 05:39:05 AM ---Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, my dash was already cut and an aftermarket system already installed, which was low quality anyway, so I upgraded as well. When I had the dash out during my restoration I went ahead and bought a front speaker replacement, Kenwood speakers. I'm not impressed though with the sound I have coming from this system, just hasn't been a priority yet to figure it out. It works.

Good job on the placement of yours, I didn't want to mess with my console as I plan on putting the 8-track system back in and routing that through the input system of a new radio so I can just change to AUX on the radio and play the 8-track.

--- End quote ---

Rich, when the time comes, let me know. Easy way to convert the output from common ground to a line out

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version