TAC Tech > Racing

Has anyone done anything besides SFC to stiffen the rear of the car?

<< < (2/2)

NOT A TA:
If the car has poly or solid body mount bushings remove the body bushings and grease ALL of the surfaces that touch each other. Use the special poly grease if poly mounts are used. Don't be cheap with the grease, just clean off excess afterward with wax & grease remover.  Also note that poly mounts don't work well with connectors that utilize the body mount as one point (causes creaking) and that really, only solid mounts should be used with any connector set up.  Also apply grease to frame connectors on all surfaces that contact the vehicle. I know it seems wrong but just do it.

At one time before the crash I had a thread about frame connector install but it was lost, perhaps I'll copy and paste it back onto this forum sometime. Anyone interested can go to this thread on another forum and scroll down a few posts to see the PTFB frame connector installation instructions. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/70-firebird-the-14-car-performance-therapy-project/72356/page10/

Updated71:
Thanks John! I have solid bushings. The noise is definitely from the rear of the car, but I’ll try this.

NOT A TA:

--- Quote from: Updated71 on June 03, 2022, 03:13:05 AM ---Thanks John! I have solid bushings. The noise is definitely from the rear of the car, but I’ll try this.

--- End quote ---

If you have spare tire/jack take them out and go for a drive also. Sometimes a spare that's lost some pressure can then cause a creak.

Updated71:

--- Quote from: NOT A TA on June 03, 2022, 08:35:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: Updated71 on June 03, 2022, 03:13:05 AM ---Thanks John! I have solid bushings. The noise is definitely from the rear of the car, but I’ll try this.

--- End quote ---

If you have spare tire/jack take them out and go for a drive also. Sometimes a spare that's lost some pressure can then cause a creak.

--- End quote ---

That I don't, but thank you for the advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version