Generation Specific > Second Generation 1970-1981

Front bumper waved

<< < (2/2)

FormTA:
That's it but. If you remove it with th crash bar then it pulls it down at a weird angle that creates those waves. The crash bar is heavy.

roadking77:
I agree with what the others have said. As for the gap where the nose attaches to the fender, there should be a metal retainer/brace of sorts on the outer edge of the urethane bumper. That is what pulls the piece tight to the fender. The do tend to pull out a bit. Like Luke said they were far from perfect, not to make an excuse. The best way to fix I would surmise would be to fit everything perfectly before painting. If there was still a gap then filler could have been added. It looks like that step is way too late for your car though. The warp above the grill I believe is just the nature of the product. I dont think storage off the car is as much of a culprit as much as thats what these things tend to do with age. I did everything I could to straighten mine out on the 79 I am working on and it still has that little bit of warp in the exact same spot. I am a perfectionist but also realize that I am not building a watch and figure that it is at least as close as what the factory made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version