Author Topic: Aftermarket T Tops  (Read 376 times)

roadking77

• Oracle Forum Member
Aftermarket T Tops
« on: January 09, 2023, 07:53:45 AM »
My car has Cars n Concepts and I have been trying to gather as much information as possible. I have asked on  other forums and keep coming up empty handed. Its surprising to me that this info has been lost after such a short time period. I know the history of CnC, that part was pretty easy. Also I ran into an engineer at a show a couple of years ago that worked for Hurst and later CnC that had pictures of Cars N Concepts in the Detroit area where conversions were made. I had thought that dealers bought hard top cars then locally sourced installations but this guy dispelled that.
One of the things I am trying to find out is the chain of command. Did the dealer have the cars sent to CnC (or American or anyone else doing these) then shipped to them? Also, what was the price for CnC tops installed? I reached out to POCI and got no response. I know that there was a factory in LA that was doing convertible top conversions with cars being shipped directly to them. Up until Fisher I am pretty sure that cars were shipped directly to have Hurst tops installed, but no verification.
I am unable to find any contact with CnC as they went out of business a few years ago, my next stop is the AACA library.
Finished!
77 T/A - I will Call this one DONE!
79 TATA 4sp-Next Project?
79 TATA - Lost to Fire!
86 Grand Prix - Sold
85 T/A - Sold
85 Fiero - Sold
82 Firebird - Sold
'38-CZ 250
'39-BSA Gold Star
'49-Triumph 350
'52-Ariel Red Hunter
'66-BSA Lightning
'01-HD RoadKing

highway star

• Active Forum Member
Re: Aftermarket T Tops
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 05:29:18 PM »
As far as I know, C&C tops were installed aftermarket by local companies.
That was the case with my '78. From Van Nuys to Foster Pontiac in Memphis, TN then sent to Don's Upholstery in Memphis where they installed the C&C tops. I found this out in the early '90's when I went to Don's for some trim and they told me they remembered converting my car. Perhaps some dealers had body shops that installed t-tops, though I am not privy to that.

Re: Aftermarket T Tops
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 05:29:18 PM »
You can help support TAC!

You can help support TAC!