TAC Spotlight > Projects & Restorations

81 T/A restoration

<< < (2/6) > >>

81Resto:
Thank you everyone for the comments.

The tail panel was off of a donor car, I have had it for awhile (bought before they were reproducing for 79-81.  The hinge area I had cut out of a reproduction panel.  I have debated doing the other side as well but seems solid. Hard to get a real good idea until the seam sealer has been taken off that area.   

ryeguy2006a:
Welcome to the site! Looks like you are making some great progress. Keep up the good work.

81Resto:
Well I missed a couple weekends due to an unexpected work trip but was back at it this weekend.  This weekend I started work patching the rear quarters where the rear wheel flares go.  They were in pretty poor shape. 

Drivers side:

[/URL]

Did not get a before pic of driver side but it did fit up pretty well with the flare.
[/URL]

Started work on the passenger side.  Passenger side had mush more rot, I will have to make my own panel to go along with the patch panel that I purchased:

[/URL]

Will be looking to continue next weekend. 

roadking77:
Welcome to TAC, glad to see another T/A being brought back to the street. I have to say that I enjoy doing that kind of work but also that I am glad that it is far behind me with my current restoration. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming!

FormTA:
Oh, I remember making those panels... if using a aftermarket patch panel, make sure you use the flare to create the concave part. Most aftermarket panels don't have it. I see in the one picture you are checking things with the flare, keep doing that so you get a good fit in that spot later! Keep up yhe good work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version