TAC Spotlight > Projects & Restorations

84 301T

<< < (60/60)

tajoe:

--- Quote from: MNBob on May 21, 2023, 08:32:02 AM ---This car work is a hobby so you do it when you want to and when you can.

I know all about the senior years.  My wife and I went to Costco on Thursday and I dropped her off at the door and went to get gas.  So she was standing out in the parking lot waiting for me to pick her up.  A lady came up to her and said, “ Ma'am, can I help you find your car?”  That's when you can tell your getting older!

--- End quote ---
Call it respect and consideration, Bob. Up here in NE, a lot would've just driven by, and splash a puddle of water on her.

--- Quote from: kentucky yeti on May 24, 2023, 06:39:34 AM ---At least is it spring up there finally!  I've never enjoyed trying to work on a car when it is 20*.

--- End quote ---
You're right Mike. even with a "somewhat" insulated, and heated garage, it's tough to get out there. That concrete floor really holds the cold. But I would still stomach it, if I could find/make the time.

--- Quote from: ryeguy2006a on May 24, 2023, 06:42:24 AM ---
I look forward to seeing more progress on this engine swap!

--- End quote ---
Me too RG. We're getting closer. As mentioned above, mechanical clutch is the "continued" focus.
Thanks for chiming in guys. It helps get me "more" motivated.

tajoe:
I know it's been "way too long" since I've posted, but home priorities are eating me alive. Just curious about this site. Mike mentioned an issue with the format on some of us being screwed up. The screen is showing mostly (what I call), computer jibberish.
everything is stacked on top, with no real....I don't even know how to explain it. It's just weird.  Anyway, I've finally figured out how to post, and not sure about a few things. Will this reply take? And on my thread here, it seems it's a few pages short of my progress. I can't see a way to turn the page, if I actually did leave off at trying to mount the 301T into the chassis. I can up-date, if I get a notification saying this response is visible.

b_hill_86:
It’s visible. Some have had success with I h Firefox as their browser working if on a PC. I’ve always used my iPhone without issue.

tajoe:
Hello Benny. Thanks for the response. Wasn't sure what's going thru here. I "am" on a PC, (don't have a cell phone), and really don't wanna change my browser. My 2 that I'm using is "Brave", (Only because You Tube shut me down, because of my ad blocker, but I can view YT thru Brave), and Google. (which I prefer not to use, but has more available info than most) I did have Firefox in the past for a while, but was talked out of it, for some reason...forgot. And right now, as I'm typing this, the line seems to be infinite, in that it keeps going to the right. But when I submit the post, it puts it in a paragraph. go figure.
Anyway, I was wondering if my thread has ended on trying to figure out the eng. mounting, which is all that I can see here. I've put in many more hrs since that, and thought I had posted my progress here. Can anyone tell me if there are more pages of photos, (past the eng. mounts, that are pictured above). thanks.
P.S. I was able to figure it out, and see that my progress has been entered here. Right up to the point of trying to modify the mechanical Z bar linkage. Hope to get some more time soon. Also hope this little enigma works it way out. OFN

ryeguy2006a:
Glad to hear that you've been making progress! Can't wait to see what you've done, it's been a while since the last update. Also, I've had good luck with the site showing up right with Firefox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version