TAC Spotlight > Projects & Restorations

My Tenth Anniv.

<< < (100/101) > >>

5th T/A:
Nicely done Kerry, I knew you would find them. In your quest for the calipers did you find anything you weren't looking for? Gold nuggets or a valuable baseball card? It seems whenever I am searching for something, I find everything but what I am looking for.

You are getting close to having a driver. Many years ago, when I was doing my 19975 TA, I slowly drove it up and down the alley without doors, hood or a front clip. All it proved was it could move and stop, but I was excited anyway.

roadking77:
I did find a lot of stuff I either forgot or didnt know I had. When I bought this car it was literally packed full of boxes of trans am parts. I was joking with my son the other day that I should get a spot at Carlisle and sell it off. I found a lot of fasteners I did not know I had, some of the small parts I will be needing soon as well. I organized a bit, and took the stuff I think I may need and put it in one box. I am not a seller, but I really should do something with all I have. Once the 79 is finished I may do a purge.

As for driving, I have 2 sets of seats (did I mention the car came with a lot of extras :shock:) and I put a black hobnail in there temp. The TATA seats are shredded wheat, not toast. Once I get the brakes straightened out I hope to put the front sheet metal back on. At that point hopefully it will be a short time before I can take a spin around the block. I have all of the interior except the seat covers. For the last couple of years I have been waiting on Legendary to have a sale. Its about to the point that I need to pull the plug and get them ordered. It should be the last big expense to get this car finished. When I did my 77 it was 99% finished before I put it on the road. With this one as soon as I am at a point that I can get it insured I will get the tags.

FormTA:

I'm glad you're not losing it. Every time I search for something I know I had, I begin to think I'm going crazy and I sold it, gave it to someone or loaned it out. It really messes with my head.

I have the same flare tool, but I haven't used it yet.  I hear they are pretty cool.

roadking77:
Yes I was beginning to wonder if I had given/sold them to someone. The flare tool works pretty well. This line was stainless so it took a bit more muscle, bends like a breeze with the nicop.

wheels78ta:

--- Quote from: roadking77 on February 05, 2024, 07:01:00 AM ---Got a little more done over the weekend. I had a few loose bolts from the install so I went back and made sure everything was socked down good and tight. I got a new pair of 'correct' battery cables and got those installed.I got a new pair of 'correct' battery cables and got those installed. I was going to get those from napa but they have let me down with parts as of late so I chickened out and spent the big bucks :sad: I think at this point all of the electrical connections are done :? I am getting a grasp on the vacuum crap. Still looking for a few parts for that. Fuel lines hooked up. Refinished the gas pedal and got a new cable installed. Need to place another order for some more parts, probably wont be in until the end of the week. I am planning on going to the AACA convention towards the end of the week so I wont get much accomplished.

--- End quote ---

The positive battery cable should be the same for 78-79....#8097031.  Is the negative the same for the 78-79?  Do you have a part # for the negative cable?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version