TAC Tech > Number Crunching

Rusty VIN tag ?

<< < (2/2)

Wallington:
I was about to say similar. If anyone did do it and you had all information and story to back it up, they would likely issue a replacement with it's own number that was clear to anyone that it was not an original and had been replaced legally. I think many people would be steering clear of it even if it all checks out.

JDMopar:
 Yeah....I'm not about to remove mine. I'm too dang old to go to jail, lol. It may end up with a few pits in it that I can fix after I lightly glass bead it when the windshield comes out, and none of those will be on any of the numbers. I'll just etch it, All Metal it, and sand it with a Dremel and paint it. I also suspect that going to Google and typing in "repro VIN tag" would be about as bad as typing in "How to build an IED". :shock: In about 2 minutes.....the black Suburbans would roll up and you'd be headed to the big house!

roadking77:
Def a no no to mess with the vin tag. Even removing and re installing is a bad idea. Some of them do have specific rivets and the guys (law enforcement) that matter do know what they are looking at.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version