TAC Tech > Mechanical

Auto to manual swap question

(1/4) > >>

81Resto:
So I have decided that I want to swap my car over to manual.  I have bought a manual transmission hump.  Is it possible that anyone has any measurements to help locating it on the tunnel?  I do not have a
transmission yet, so I cannot mock it up.  I would like to do this now while I have the car on a rotisserie before paint, but understand if it is not possible to do until later.  When laying the hump on the
tunnel it does seem to self locate but want to be sure before welding in.  Thanks in advanced for any help.

b_hill_86:
When I did mine I installed the manual console I believe to help locate the hump.

FormTA:

I'm interested too. I'll be doing the swap as well to my formula.  When I did my TA when I was a kid, I used a Sawzall and pliers..... no hump... I put it back to an auto years later so it was nice that all of the metal was still there just folded back... Not a recommendation now...

Wallington:
The measurements are in the manuals, I'll have a browse in a moment.

DeCaff2007:
I actually just did this.  It does somewhat self locate.  That's about all I did, too.  Long as nothing looked overly out of place.  Oh, that, and I did have the shifter there as a guide.  Put it in reverse and see how much space is between the shifter and the tunnel hump.  Same with 4th gear.

Tack weld, seal, and call it good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version