TAC Central > Lobby

What is this?

<< < (2/2)

scarebird:

--- Quote from: 5th T/A on March 25, 2024, 10:16:14 AM ---I would be curious to hear from any members who have added this brace, if they have noticed any difference in handling. Obviously Pontiac thought it was a worthwhile addition.

--- End quote ---

I do not think it is for handling as much as keeping the mounts from breaking.  I have seen a few A bodies break the trailing mount off the frame.

firebirdparts:
The only thing unique-WS6 in the front of the car was that brace and the swaybar bushings were polyurethane (regular sway bar).  We might need to quiz Herb Adams about this.  They did pick different spring rates, but all cars have custom springs and that doesn't really stress anything anyway.

I certainly don't think you can feel that driving, and in fact the WS6 cars weren't built for much more stress in the front at all (same size tires).  If you put a car on the track all that went out the window.  Racing is very much about breaking stuff.

I suppose you could argue that loosening the car up with the modifications made to the rear would enable you to go harder even with the stock configuration.  That's probably a fact.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version