TAC Tech > Tips & Tricks

Cleaning Hardware and Stuff..

<< < (2/4) > >>

langss:
Thanks for the Information. Although nothing I am currently working on needs to be pristeen, I do like to use the old hardware over, and I hate when it looks crappy. WD40 just does not last. Thanks again.....

737driver:
The calyx does work well, but it is a paste. I use a lightly damp rag and saturate a part of rag with Calyx .  It’s kinda like the way you would apply shoe polish to boots or shoes. If they made it in a spray that would work a bit easier I would guess. I’m going to look into the Shark Hide as well, that could work also.
Also I recommend wearing latex gloves as well.

You can’t save every piece of hardware that is removed, but I can say I was surprised on how well this stuff turned out. On other projects I’ve bought hardware kits from AMK . The kits are decent quality but they can be pricey. If I remember correctly, the full kits for a Firebird ( Chassis, Body, Interior, and Engine) cost close to $1000. Granted that is pretty much every piece of hardware ( mostly). However if you just had to buy the hardware you needed and reuse the original stuff that could save some money for other stuff!

Jim

Jack:
Thanks for the tip. I've used a similar product that didn't work so well, will post the name.

d_hache:
wow, thanks allot i will try that product as well. thanks again

roadking77:
Jim, I looked at an ad for Calyx and it said it needed to be heat set which a running manifold would do. It said it does not work with applied heat, such as a heat gun, oven, torch. I was thinking of putting this on my rear differential. Did you use it on anything other than the manifolds?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version