TAC Tech > Exterior

Front flares and spoiler '79

<< < (2/3) > >>

Oldsschool79:
Anyone ever put a 78' spoiler on the 79' ? I am figuring it will not go with the nose design.

FormTA:

I don't recall seeing that. I've seen a few 79s on 78s when folks did front end swaps.

roadking77:
I suppose the 78 front spoiler will fit on a 79 its the same structure underneath. I think the 78 is a large pan type spoiler that encloses the bottom of the bumper between the front and the core support. The 79 is a bit less in width not so much as much of a 'pan'.

b_hill_86:
I don’t believe the center spoiler of a 78 will fit 79-81 actually. Luke would probably know better than be and I sold my spare 79 spoiler I had but I have a 79-81 nose and crash bar which are both different than the 77/78 nose/crash bar and I’m pretty sure the 79-81 center spoiler attaches to the crash bar whereas my 77 does not. It has tabs that stick out and go into spots in the bottom of the bumper cover. So, I could be wrong but I don’t think it will work.

FormTA:
I think Brian is right. I don't see a way to used the 77/78 center section unless you chopped the heck out of it. You'd then have to figure out how to hang it in the middle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version