Generation Specific > Second Generation 1970-1981

2nd gen vin verification

(1/5) > >>

CH75TA:
I got a 78 Martinique blue 78 T/A and after I got it home I realized the vin was swapped from a 78 Formula. Is there a list somewhere of consecutive vins? I found the partial behind the heater box and need to research what I've found to seeing I can get
A title and new replacement vin. I was told the car was not stolen, does anyone have any idea's? Thanks for any help, it appears to be a 400 4-speed car.

Wallington:
Does the VIN in the windscreen not match the firewall partial, last 6 digits?

Does the cowl build plate match the VIN in minor details? Does it say it's a TA or a Formula, or something else?

Don't confuse the build plate on the wiper cowl that says it's a Firebird, they all say that. Does the windscreen VIN start with 2W87 or 2U87 or something else? Cowl build plate has options of WS4 or W66 or similar?

aussieta:
when i went to buy my TA
i looked at quite a few formulas that had TA decals
some owners would not believe me when i tried to tell them that their car was in fact a formula
so please post a bit more info on what you have happening

Wallington:
On the other side of the coin, mine was registered as a Trans Am because it's the only model they recognised.

roadking77:
Yes, need some clarification. IF the vin has been swapped it sounds like a can of worms to me. May not be as easy to get things straightened out as you might think!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version